We went flying yesterday so we did not go to Mass but we can still lounge around because we are going to 11:30 Mass today. We are going to leave earlier than that though because there is a tall ship docked in our little town and it opens at 10 AM for tours, so we will go there before Mass.
While I am lounging around though, I am going to take advantage of the opportunity to join Kendra over at Catholic All Day for Answer Me This. Here is Kendra's description of this little game....."Greetings and salutations! And a very warm welcome to Answer Me This . . . the internet's favorite virtual cocktail party* in which I ask six totally random questions and we all answer them and get to know each other a little better.
Isn't that nice?
*this statement may not be true."
1. What do you still want to do this summer? Oh we still have another 2 months of summer to enjoy here in Michigan. I don't have any young children that have to be back to school so I can stretch out my summer for as long as the weather holds out. As for what I want to do....We have some things planned....This weekend we are going to Trout Creek, Canada for a family reunion. Next weekend we are going to Shanty Creek, MI for Frank's work conference after which we will be going to Traverse City to spend a couple of days with our kids there. In September, we are having a grandbaby, depending on when she decides to make her entrance we are tentatively going to NYC for a few days where we will meet up with my brother and his wife who are coming in from CA and stopping there before going to DC for a few days and then landing here at our house for a couple of weeks...so I am in the midst of summertime!!
2. What's your favorite kind of pie? It' a tie....
3. How much sleep do you need each day? I need 8 hrs and I get 8 hrs. Sometimes I awaken in the middle of the night for no apparent reason and cannot go back to sleep for a couple of hours so then I need to take a nap during the day.
4. Do you prefer to swim in a pool, lake, river or ocean? Let me just say....I love the water....I am not much of a swimmer but I love being in the water, regardless of what type.
On the river during our canoe trip.
On the Lake with Spencer.
Relaxing with friends in the pool.
5. Do you know any poems by heart? I know tons of songs by heart and they are really just poems set to music, right?
6. Do you use the public library? I used to spend hours at the library, it is like going to a free bookstore and browsing. Then I got my nook...now I browse all my books on line and haven't been to the library in a long time. But this question made me homesick for my little library in town so I think I may just stop in there this week!