Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Last Day of Leftovers

Spent the day today getting ready to leave for our trip tomorrow and working the food pantry.  When I got home, I was glad that I had planned on making quesadillas with the leftover pulled pork because it is fast, easy and we were hungry.

I decided to use another can of Red Gold tomatoes that I won.  This time I used the tomatoes and green chiles.  They worked perfectly for this dish.


I took about a cup of the left over bbq pulled pork, warmed it in the microwave and put it in a bowl.
I added about a half cup of leftover corn and summer squash saute from last night's dinner.
And a can of Red Gold tomatoes with green chiles, drained.


I had 4 whole wheat tortillas left in my fridge.


And 2 flour tortillas sitting around in there.
I had enough filling left for another quesadilla but I was out of tortillas.
That made the dogs happy!!

BBQ Pulled Pork Quesadillas

1 c. pulled pork with bbq sauce, store bought or you can use my recipe
1/2 c. sweet corn, cooked and drained (I used leftover corn and summer squash saute)
1 (14.5 oz) can Red Gold tomatoes with green chiles, drained
8 (8") tortillas
2 cups shredded Colby-Jack cheese

If pulled pork is cold, warm it up in the microwave for a minute or two, add the corn and tomatoes and mix together.  Place a tortilla on a hot skillet and top with 1/4 c. cheese.  Place 1/4 of the pork mixture on top of the cheese and then add another 1/4 c. of cheese on top of the pork.  Top with another tortilla.  Cook until cheese melts and tortilla is crisp.  Flip and cook the other side.  Place in a warm oven or under heat lamps to keep warm and repeat process with remaining ingredients.

Cut each quesadilla into 6 pieces and serve with desired accompaniments.  I like sour cream, guacamole and salsa.  Print Page


2 comments:

  1. Leftover meals can be the best, the quesadillas look great. have a great trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I agree Evelyne but I have to plan my leftovers otherwise they just languish in the fridge.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.