Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Wonderful Wednesday

Today is another Doctor day....Vet appointment for all 3 dogs and mammogram appointment for me.  Just a reminder to all the ladies out there over 40, SCHEDULE YOUR MAMMOGRAM.

The dogs are all set for another year except for Buddy who is scheduled to go in for some dental work and to have a tumor removed from his eyelid in a couple of weeks.  He will have to be left there all day and be put under with anesthesia so we had extra labs done on him today to make sure the old guy is up to having surgery.  The doc said  that other then his teeth (and barring any internal problems that the labs may show) he is in awesome shape for a dog his age.

My mammogram went well, as far as I know.  The doc will get the report next week.

This afternoon, when Frank was done with work we went for a ride along the water so we could enjoy the sunshine.  It is only 10* here but the sky was blue and the sun brightly shone off the water.  If you could ignore the snow and ice flows you could pretend you were back in Florida.  There is a tree that I always admire when we pass it.  It is dead but I think it is awesome.  Every time we drive past it I mention that I would like to paint it.  Today Frank stopped and took a picture so that I can try to recreate it on canvas.


Isn't she awesome!!!

We stopped for a drink while we were out at a new restaurant called Freighters,  It is a local restaurant and their motto is "Commit to the Mitt".  They buy local and in season as much as possible so you know that is right up my alley.  We timed it perfectly too.  Arrived just as Happy Hour began, $2 drinks and $3 appetizers.  We shared a smoked salmon spread, it was delicious and there was a LOT of it for only $3!!


Only $3!!  Can you believe it!!

As we were driving back home Frank stopped because he wanted a picture of this army tank that is parked in front of a Veteran's Hall in our community.  He thinks we should get one for our front yard.  I told him that is a swell idea....all he has to do is sell his plane to get the money for it LOL.


We are Thriving at Home.  Won't you join us?






4 comments:

  1. Love your tree...craving your appetizer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lisa...I am glad that I am not the only one who loves dead trees!! I think I will take a photo of it each season and try painting each one.

      Delete
  2. I am so envious of the time you and Frank get to spend together. And so happy for you as well. I love that tree. Even dead it is beautiful. And yum, smoked salmon spread.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so sorry that you and Richard no longer have those times. Watching you deal with your situation and dealing with my Mom makes me realize how precious our time together is and treasure it.

      Delete

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.