Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Tasty Tuesday

So, as promised, I found another recipe I have been wanting to try for today since we went out for pizza last night and I didn't want to do pizza two nights in a row.

I found this recipe for Korean Beef on pinterest and put it in my file of meals to try.  It comes from Lizzy Writes.  This is also my first visit to Lizzy's blog but I don't think it will be my last.

Korean Beef
adapted from Lizzy Writes

1.5 lbs. Lean Ground Beef
1/2 c. Brown Sugar
1/4 c. Low Sodium Soy Sauce
1 T. Sesame Oil
4 Cloves Garlic, Minced
1/2 t. Ginger, Minced
scant 1/2 t. Crushed Red Pepper
8 oz. Frozen Chopped Broccoli
1 Bunch Green Onions, white and light green parts sliced

Heat Sesame Oil in Wok over med high heat.  Add Beef and Garlic and cook until Beef is brown, crumbly and cooked through.  Drain any fat and return to heat.  Add Brown Sugar, Soy Sauce, Ginger and Crushed Red Pepper.  Stir to combine, add Broccoli and simmer for 5-10 minutes.  Serve over Jasmine Rice and garnish with Green Onions.  Print Recipe


Frank and Ting both proclaimed this Try it Tuesday dish "a keeper".
 
And you can't get by much thriftier than burger and rice so I will see you at Thrifty Thursday.


3 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I hope you enjoy it. You can't get a much easier or less expensive of a meal.

      Delete
  2. Oh this looks yummy! I am going to try this on next week meal plan. Thank you and I pinned the recipe =)

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.