Monday, February 3, 2014

Mundane Monday

I went kickboxing this morning and then ran errands. Drugstore, grocery store....you know....the usual mundane stuff.

So I really have nothing new to report because it has been a quiet day.  Cleaning up after the party, working on my quilting project, sorting through my fabrics...all the mundane chores that face us each day.

The only thing I really have to share with you today is our Meatless Monday recipe....It is anything but mundane.  I hope you enjoy it.




Mushroom and Spinach Pie

2 bunches fresh Spinach, stemmed and chopped
8 oz. Mushrooms, sliced
1 small onion, chopped
1 T. butter
1 can evaporated milk
salt and pepper to taste
1/4 t. thyme
4 large eggs
1/4 c. feta cheese crumbles
1 pie crust

Preheat oven to 350*

Place crust in a 9" pie pan.

Melt butter in a large sauté pan over med high heat..  Add mushrooms and onion.  Cook until mushrooms release juices and onion is softened and fragrant.  Add Spinach and cook until wilted.  Remove from heat and let cool.

Whisk together milk, spices and eggs.

Place vegetables in the pie crust.  Sprinkle with Feta Cheese.  Pour milk mixture over all and bake for 45 minutes or until a knife inserted comes out clean.

Print Recipe

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.