Sunday, February 16, 2014

Fuel up...

My goodness...Nicole did not get home until after 11 pm last night and has to be back at it this morning at 10.  I went to bed after midnight and Pierre still wasn't home and I know he has to work at least one shift today and perhaps two unless he managed to find someone to take his evening shift tonight.

So the least I can do is send them off with a hearty breakfast.  Last night when we got home I put together this Blueberry French Toast Casserole.  I make French Toast casseroles quite often but I usually start with cinnamon raisin bread as my base.  The other day I had bought a French baguette and then forgot to make the crostini that was it's original purpose.  Hence, the French Toast casserole idea, it is a great way to use up any stale bread you have in the house.




I cubed the baguette and put it in a greased pan.


I added a pint of blueberries


Poured a mixture of eggs, milk, vanilla and cinnamon over it


Topped it with a Streusel of flour, sugar and butter.



Bake and Enjoy.

Blueberry French Toast Casserole

1 Baguette, cubed
1 pint blueberries
4 eggs
1 c. milk
1 t. vanilla
2 t. cinnamon
3/4 c. flour
1/2 c. sugar
6 T. butter

Combine bread and blueberries into a greased casserole.  Whisk together eggs, milk, vanilla and cinnamon.  Pour over bread and blueberries.  Place flour, sugar and butter into a food processor and pulse until crumbled.  Pour over the casserole.  Refrigerate the casserole overnight.  In the morning bake at 375* for 30-40 minutes or until puffy and browned on top.  Print Recipe

Sharing this on Thrifty Thursday.  Check it out for tons of thrifty ideas.  I am also linking up with Redhead can Decorate for her Inspiration Monday Party.  Please join us.










No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.