Thursday, February 27, 2014

Flight Canceled.

Today was supposed to be our gastronomical trip to the Caribbean.  Unfortunately I am not allowed to eat today...I am scheduled for a colonoscopy tomorrow.  A shout out to all of you over the age of 50....schedule a colonoscopy!!!

Part of the prep for this test is that you cannot eat any solid foods for the 24 hrs preceding the test and you have to drink lots of yucky stuff that makes you need to use the bathroom.

I would like to think that I am a good enough wife and mother that I would still prepare a wonderful meal for my family.  Fahgeddaboutit!!!!  Not only am I not cooking...they had BETTER NOT eat in front of me!!!  I get very cranky when I am hungry.  They can just go out and eat and leave me to use my bathroom in peace!!!

5 comments:

  1. I'll be thinking of you! I haven't ever had a colonoscopy and it's been 10 years since my last mammo. I am a terrible patient!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uhoh, and you a nurse!! For shame!! But seriously, it is a shame how we put everyone else's needs before our own. Please, Paula, take the time out to have your mammogram and colonoscopy. Your kids need you around for a long while still.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This just made me laugh out loud. I hope you survive it all with good results. and Paula - in case you read this too...make an appointment!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your concerns Wendy and Lisa.....but that just isn't going to happen for right now. Plenty of time on down the road....really!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Didn't mean to add more pressure to your life. It's just because we care. We do understand how time gets away...the best thing I have found about blogging is finding the two of you to share our journeys together as we battle this terrible disease.

      Delete

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.