Friday, February 14, 2014

Five Minute Friday

I am joining up with Lisa Jo Baker, once again, for Five Minute Friday.  Five Minute Friday is a writing exercise in which you are given a topic and are to write on that topic for five minutes.  That's it.  There is no overthinking, editing or prettying the thoughts up.  You just lose yourself to the writing for 5 minutes.  Even if you don't want to join 5 minute Friday, I encourage you to go and read Lisa Jo Baker's blog this morning.  I guarantee that you will be touched and happy that you stopped by.

Today's topic is Garden.

Start

I love gardens.  I love walking through them and admiring the beautiful flowers and/or vegetables.  I even love rock gardens.  I love statues and sun catchers.  I love Gardens.

I hate gardening.  I hate weeding and hoeing and trimming.  I hate stooping over to pull weeds instead of smelling flowers.  I hate picking vegetables instead of picking up vegetables at my CSA. 

I love the results of gardening, except for the results of the Garden of Eden.  Those results didn't turn out too well for us....Thanks Adam and Eve.  But I do love the lesson of the Garden of Eden.  And the lesson to me is that we should be content and love our lives as they are....as the way God planned it.  It is when we are discontent and looking for more and more to make us happy that we look our way right into unhappiness and trouble.  We need to look around the garden that is our home and see the beauty within.  Yes, it takes work to have that beauty but in the end it is well worth it.

End

 
A view of Nicole and Pierre's little garden outside.
Inside, in the garden that is their home, you find laughter and love.
 

3 comments:

  1. I love gardens too. Lovely words. They do take work but yu are right, they are so worth it, as each year they get better. Happy Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love gardens and I love TO garden. I have always said that my best therapy is to sit on the ground and pull weeds from the warm earth. I miss being able to do this. You post is dead on in that I need to look around me and be content and love my life just the way that it is. I have so much to be thankful for.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.