Wednesday, July 3, 2024

N is for Noodles

There is nothing that I love more than coming home from the Farmer's Market and using the fresh bounty that I just purchased.  Today's recipe uses fresh asparagus, sweet tomatoes, and young zucchini tossed with some Boursin cheese and topped with shredded Parmesan.  So good and so easy.....

Spring Primavera Pasta

N is for Noodles....
We are working our way through the alphabet this year, one letter every other Wednesday, making a recipe that either starts with the letter or contains a main ingredient that begins with the letter.  This week's letter is N.

Let's see what everyone decided to make this week.....


Vegetables


You can use any veggies you like in this recipe.  I often make this at the end of the week, using any vegetables left before heading to the next grocery trip.  

I always have Boursin Cheese in my refrigerator.  I buy a 3 pack whenever I make a Costco run.  It is great when company comes by and you want to offer cheese and crackers.  It is wonderful tossed with pasta or in an omelet.  I put it on my bagels in the morning and schmear it on baguettes when I want a snack while relaxing at night.

Vegetables

I like to use a wok to cook my vegetables but you can use any large skillet.  You can also use any shape or size of noodle you have in your pantry, just cut the vegetables in proportion to the pasta.

I boil the pasta as I am working on the vegetables cooking them side by side on the stove.  When the pasta is cooked to my liking, I use a spider ladle to remove it and put it into the same pan with my vegetables and cheese.  

Spring Pasta Primaver

Should the sauce be too thick, simply add some of the pasta cooking water until it reaches the desired consistency.  Transfer it to a bowl, sprinkle with some Parmesan cheese and...Voila, a colorful, healthy meal in less than 30 minutes.




Entrees, Pasta, Vegetarian, Colorful, Nutritious, Meatless
Entrees, Pasta
American
Yield: 6 servings
Author: Wendy Klik
Spring Pasta Primavera

Spring Pasta Primavera

Colorful, fresh vegetables tossed with pasta in a creamy herb and cheese sauce
Prep time: 10 MinCook time: 15 MinTotal time: 25 Min

Ingredients

  • 1 T. olive oil
  • 1/2 Vidalia onion, sliced
  • 4 oz. mushrooms, sliced
  • 1 zucchini, halved and sliced into moons
  • 1 bunch asparagus, woody stems removed, cut into thirds
  • 1 pint cherry tomatoes
  • 1 lb pasta noodles, cooked per package directions
  • 5 oz. Boursin cheese, garlic and herb flavor
  • pasta cooking water, if needed
  • Parmesan Cheese for sprinkling, if desired

Instructions

  1. Heat the oil in a large skillet or wok. Add the onions, asparagus, and mushrooms. Cook and stir until mushrooms are browned, asparagus is crisp-tender, and onion is softened.
  2. Add in the zucchini and tomatoes. Cook and stir until zucchini is softened and tomatoes start to burst. Stir in the cheese until melted and the vegetables are coated.
  3. Remove the pasta from the cooking water with a spider ladle or large slotted spoon and place directly into the pan with the vegetables. Toss to loosen the cheese and coat the pasta, adding a little more of the pasta cooking water, if needed, to reach desired creaminess.
  4. Place into a large serving bowl and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, if desired.

Nutrition Facts

Calories

305.18

Fat (grams)

14.46 g

Sat. Fat (grams)

7.87 g

Carbs (grams)

34.09 g

Fiber (grams)

4.25 g

Net carbs

29.84 g

Sugar (grams)

7.22 g

Protein (grams)

11.4 g

Sodium (milligrams)

245.44 mg

Cholesterol (grams)

27.84 mg

17 comments:

  1. Ah, it has been so long since I made a primavera! And we adore Boursin, definitely will give this a try, so fresh and colorful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds so easy and totally delicious. I love Boursin too. It's great in baked potatoes as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a perfect meal for summer evenings. Doesn't take long to make and it's full of goodness.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love visiting the farmer's market in our town. As for the pasta, have never used boursin cheese for pasta. Such a wonderful quick recipe with all fresh vegetables. Going to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this delicious bowl of salad with tons of veggies!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I need to get over to the farm, STAT! This is exactly how I like to eat when the heat cranks up.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ummmmm, hello! This is pretty much a great addition to any weekly menu. I always seem to have a few extra veggies kicking around, so this would be the perfect way to use them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Boursin is one of my favorite "cheater" ingredients since it adds so much more than just cheesy goodness. Delicious dish, Wendy!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.