This is a wonderful second meal made with leftover pork tenderloin. Tender slices of pork and rice noodles in an aromatic, delicious broth garnished with bean sprouts and peanuts.
The Sunday Funday Bloggers are sharing recipes that feature Sprouts today......Sneha's Recipe is hosting our group this month and chose Sprouts as the theme. This is a wide open topic. Think of the different sprouts available to us, There are Alfalfa Sprouts, Broccoli Sprouts, Buckwheat Greens, Clover Sprouts, Cress Sprouts, Fenugreek Sprouts, Mung Bean Sprouts, and Onion Sprouts just to name a few.
I chose to use Mung Bean Sprouts. Let's see what the others chose......
- Chinese Cuban Fried Rice from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Korean Banchan (Bean Sprout, Pickled Radish and Cucumber) from Palatable Pastime
- Masala papad with sprouted moth bean chaat from Mildly Indian
- Mahahrastrian Misal Pav from Sneha’s Recipe
- Quick and Easy Pork Pho from A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Spicy Tofu Bowl from Mayuri’s Jikoni
- Sprouted Wheat Bread (Wet Sprouted - No Dehydrating or Grain Mill from Amy’s Cooking Adventures
- Tomato and Sunflower Sprout Salad from Pandemonium Noshery
- The Goan Usali Recipe from The Mad Scientist’s Kitchen
When planning my Weekly Meals I often plan on recipes using leftovers. In this case I was grilling pork tenderloin for dinner one night. I made two tenderloin roasts instead of one so that I was sure to have leftovers to make this delicious soup for dinner a couple of days later.
What makes this Pho so wonderful is the broth flavored with cinnamon and star anise. It tastes as if it took hours to make when in reality it is a quick and easy meal ready in less than an hour.