Made with coconut milk and just a touch of sugar, these yeast rolls are firm on the outside and soft on the inside. They are the perfect accompaniment to your salad or soup.
It's time for Bread Bakers.........
This month my friend, Sue of Palatable Pastime, is hosting and asked us to share recipes with coconut. I found this recipe for Coco Bread and then saw that Sue had also made a version of this recipe. Great minds!! Let's see what the others baked up for today..........
- Chinese Coconut Buns from Karen's Kitchen Stories
- Coco Bread from A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Jamaican Coco Bread from Palatable Pastime
- Low Carb Coconut Flour & Oat Fiber Flatbread from Sneha's Recipe
- Salara (Guyanese Coconut Roll) from Passion Kneaded
- Samoan Coconut Rolls (Pani Popo) from A Messy Kitchen
- Vegan Coconut and Herb Dinner Rolls from Magical Ingredients
- Zucchini Coconut Lemon Muffins from Cook with Renu
This is a yeast bread but it reminded me of pita. It is toothsome and delicious. I served it as a side to a light dinner of Mock Turtle Soup one night and then served the leftovers warmed with jam for breakfast the next day.
These little breads stayed fresh for 3 days on the counter in a sealed container. They would make a great lunchbox addition as our minds start turning back to reality and the looming scoolyear.