Welcome to this month's version of Soup Saturday Swappers.......
In honor of National Egg Month, I invited the others to join me in making soups that contain eggs. Here are all of the great recipes being shared today.........
- Chicken Noodle Egg Drop Soup from Making Miracles
- Hot and Sour Egg Drop Soup from Karen's Kitchen Stories
- Kerala Style Egg Stew With Idiyappam from Sneha's Recipe
- Polish Whole Beet Soup (Botwinka) from zestysouthindiankitchen
- Salmorejo Cordobés from Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Stracciatella with Chicken from A Day in the Life on the Farm
I have served up Stracciatella before on this blog. In fact it was my second post for this group that I created in 2017. As you can see it is an entirely different version but still just as tasty. The first version was meatless however it did contain chicken broth.
This version, adapted from one found in Food and Wine, is much heartier as it contains not only chicken but also spinach and peas making it well suited for a main course served along with salad and a good loaf of Italian bread.
I was supposed to have my sister over for her birthday dinner this weekend but Frank went in for eye surgery on Thursday for a retina repair that had overhealed. As the doc was removing the scar tissue she found another tear in the retina and repaired that as well. As a result he has to stay mostly laying on his left side for the next week so I canceled with my sister until he is back to full steam.
So it will be a quiet week however on Thursday we are meeting up with some friends for drinks and dinner at a local steakhouse that has a marvelous songstress who entertains on Thursdays. Here is the menu for this week.
Chicken Picatta (moved from last week)
Grilled Steaks with Mango Chimichurri
Sweet Potato Planks
Sourdough Crepes with Mushroom Filling
Herb marinated Chicken Thighs
Vegetable Rice Pilaf
Out for dinner with friends
Thai Tuna Salad
Soup, Eggs, Spinach, Peas, Italian, Starters, Main Courses
Yield: 4 servings
Stracciatella with Chicken
Italian Egg Drop Soup chock full of Chicken, Spinach and Peas.
Prep time: 10 MinCook time: 15 MinTotal time: 25 Min
- 6 c. Chicken Stock
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 c. grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 c. shredded cooked chicken
- 1 c. frozen peas
- 2 large handfuls baby spinach leaves
- 1 T. basil paste
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Bring the chicken stock to a simmer over medium heat. In a small bowl, whisk together the eggs and parmesan cheese. Slowly whisk the egg mixture into the hot broth, stirring constantly until eggs are set, about one minute.
- Stir in the chicken and peas. Cook for a few minutes until heated through. Add the spinach, basil, salt and pepper. Cook and stir another minute until the spinach is wilted.
Adapted from a recipe found in Food and Wine Magazine
Sat. Fat (grams)5.31
Property of A Day in the Life on the Farm
Created using The Recipes Generator