Thursday, April 20, 2017

No Bake Banana Coconut Cream Pie #ImprovCookingChallenge

I'm Bananas about Coconut so I was pretty happy with the ingredients for this month's Improv Cooking Challenge.

Improv Cooking Challenge is a group of bloggers led by Nichole of Cookaholic Wife.  Each month we are assigned two ingredients and are allowed to post any recipe we like as long as those ingredients are included.  Kind of like Chopped but with no time constraints.


As soon as I learned what this month's ingredients were I knew that I wanted to make my husband a pie.  He loves Banana Cream pie and he's crazy about Coconut Cream pie so I knew he would go ape over a Banana Coconut Cream Pie.  Ape, get it?  Banana's?  Oh, never mind!


I found this easy peasy No Bake version by Nestle's while doing a google search.  I used a premade graham cracker crust that was not deep dish.   This meant that there was a bowlful of filling left for Frank to have sans crust while he was waiting for the pie to set and be served the following day.


Since the pie was filled to the brim, I didn't "frost" it with the whipped topping as suggested in the original recipe but dolloped the topping on when serving.



Banana Coconut Cream Pie
adapted from Nestle's

1 premade graham cracker crust
1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk
1 c. water
1 (3 oz) pkg banana cream instant pudding
1 c. coconut flakes
1 (8 oz) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
1 lg. banana, sliced

Whisk together the sweetened condensed milk and water in a large bowl.  Mix in the pudding and coconut.  Fold in 1/2 of the whipped topping (1 1/2 cups).

Place the banana slices in a single layer on the bottom of the pie crust.  Pour the filling over the bananas.  ( If you are not using a deep dish crust, you will have filling left over.) Refrigerate for at least 4 hrs before serving with dollops of the remaining whipped topping.  Print Recipe

More Coconut and Banana Creations



4 comments:

  1. We made our first banana cream pie not too long ago. It was delicious. Funny, too, that the boys asked me about mixing banana and coconut. I didn't. But now I will!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have an uncle who specializes in eating banana coconut cream pies! That's all he ever wants for his birthday anymore...

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.