Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Balsamic Roasted Pork Tenderloin #RecipeMakeover

Welcome to Day 2 of Recipe Makeover Week.  A group of us were invited by Allison and the ladies of  The PinterTest Kitchen to post healthy recipe makeovers this week.  In a nutshell she wanted us to share "better for you, more nutritious meals" and left it up to us what that would look like.

Yesterday, I shared a healthier version of a Strawberry Orange Muffin with you, swapping out some of the regular flour for whole wheat and adding a protein packed streusel to the top.  I also shared a giveaway that we are having to celebrate this week so make sure you link back to the Welcome Post in order to enter.

Today, I am sharing a recipe for Pork Tenderloin.  Pork tenderloin is a very lean cut that cooks up quickly and is perfect for a healthy meal during the busy week or for an impressive meal over the weekend when you are entertaining family or friends.


This recipe from Rachael Ray is tender and deliciously seasoned with fresh herbs.  Serve this up with a nice salad and a side of Baked Sweet Potato Fries and no one will even realize that they are eating a meal that is low in fat and healthy.  The USDA has lowered the safe cooking temperature for a pork tenderloin to 145* which gives you a beautifully moist and medium rare finish.

I adapted this recipe slightly by halving the ingredients to serve 6 people and changing the preparation a bit.

Balsamic Roast Pork Tenderloin
adapted from Rachael Ray

1 pkg of pork tenderloins (there will be 2 in the package)
2 T. balsamic vinegar
2 T. good olive oil
4 cloves garlic
1 t. kosher salt
several grinds of fresh cracked pepper
leaves from 2 sprigs rosemary
leaves from 2 sprigs thyme

Trim all silver skin from the tenderloins and place onto a rimmed baking pan lined with foil.

Place the vinegar, olive oil, garlic, salt, pepper, rosemary and thyme in a blender or food processor and pulse until a coarse puree.  Massage into and onto all sides of the pork tenderloins.

Roast in a preheated 500* oven for 20 minutes or until a meat thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the roast reads 145*.  Let rest for 5 minutes before slicing.  Print Recipe



Recipe Makeover Logo Square

More Recipe Makeovers


8 comments:

  1. Mmmmm...we are totally on the same page with #RecipeMakeover! I have a pork tenderloin I am sharing later this week too! I totally LOVE what you did with yours. Definitely will need to try your recipe out! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yumm-o! I love to pork tenderloins, especially on a busy night, because they are so quick and flavorful! Thank you for your version - can't wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of my favorite meals is pork tenderloin!! I have been so absent from the blogging world. I need to kick myself in the butt and get with it again!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes we need a little break Paula. There is life beyond blogging and I hope you are enjoying it.

      Delete
  4. Wendy, we love pork tenderloin and I will be making using this recipe! P~

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.