Saturday, June 1, 2019

Jumping for Joy! It is June and here is the Weekly Menu

May is normally one of my favorite months.  We were married in May. Frank's birthday is in May.  Mother's Day is in May.  The gardens start blooming. The birds start singing. The weather starts warming. The sun starts shining.  Wait.  What!!!  What sun?  I can count on one hand the number of days we have had sunshine in May.  I have been suffering the Gray Sky Blues....big time.

Image result for Seasonal affective disorder

But June is here and hopefully blue skies and sunshine are on the way.......


Do you suffer from Seasonal Affective Disorder? I find it hard to deal with the gray skies and rain.  I don't mind the cold as long as there is sunshine.  I don't even mind the rain if the sun is shining.  I have been to Rain Forests where it rained every single day and as it rained the sun was shining through the rainbows.  Gorgeous.  It is just those dank, bleak days that sap my energy and make me want to go back to bed and forget about life for a while.

But, alas, even when it is crummy outside, my family still wants to eat so here I am working on the Weekly Menu and hoping that the sunshine arrives and stays for a while.

Saturday
Sonoran Hot Dogs
Chips and Salsa

Sunday
Wings
Beef Kabobs
Israeli Vegetable Skewers
Strawberry Shortcake Bars

Meatless Monday
Onion Cheese Soup
Summer Shandy Beer Bread

Tuesday
Out to Dinner with Doug and Amy

Wednesday
Bratwurst
German Potato Salad

Thursday
Chicken Enchiladas

Friday
Date night 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.