Join us as we share Warm Up Drinks to help get us through the Winter.......
This is a 6 week event hosted by Ellen of Family Around the Table. Ellen invited a members of our Festive Foodie group to post Warm Up Drinks on each Friday for 6 weeks. I missed the first two weeks but I am happy to be joining you today.
Let's take a look at what other warming drinks are being shared today.......
- Apple Spiced Tea by Jolene’s Recipe Journal
- Hot Tea Toddy by Our Good Life
- Hot Vanilla by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Mexican Coffee by Family Around the Table
- Mocha Hot Chocolate by Books n’ Cooks
- Small Batch Vanilla Cinnamon Cold Brew Latte by The Baking Fairy
- S’mores Latte by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Tom and Jerry Cocktail by A Day in the Life on the Farm
When ready to serve, place about a half cup into a coffee mug and add a half jigger each of brandy and white rum. Fill the mug with boiling water and top with a sprinkle of nutmeg. Cheers.
#cocktails, #hotdrinks, #holiday, #eggs,
Drinks, Holidays, Cocktails
Yield: 12 mugs or 24 punch cupsPin it
Tom and Jerry Cocktail
This creamy, delicious cocktail is a Christmas Tradition in the USA. It is reminiscent of eggnog and warms you head to toe with the addition of brandy and rum.
- 3 eggs, separated1/4 t. cream of tartar2 c. sugar2 oz. light rum1 t. cinnamon1/2 teaspoon cloves1/2 jigger of brandy for each drink1/2 jigger of white rum for each drinkfreshly ground nutmeg for garnish, if desired
- In small bowl of stand mixer fitted with whisk attachment, beat the egg whites with the cream of tartar until stiff peaks are formed. Set aside.In large bowl of stand mixer, fitted with paddle attachment, beat the egg yolks until slightly thickened. Gradually beat in 1 cup of the sugar. Add the rum, cinnamon and allspice. Mix in the remaining cup of sugar until dissolved. Using a spatula, fold in the egg whites into the egg yolk mixture. Cover tightly and refrigerate until ready to serve.When ready to serve, add 1/2 cup of the batter into a mug or a 1/4 cup of the batter into a punch cup. Stir in the brandy and rum. Fill the cup with boiling water and garnish with nutmeg, if desired.
Property of A Day in the Life on the Farm
Created using The Recipes Generator