Sunday, April 17, 2016

Our First Full Day in Bonaire....and a Book Review

Today was our first full day in Bonaire.  We got up early, had breakfast and went to the Dive Orientation.  We then did  a shore dive to make sure we had our weight right for buoyancy control. Bonaire is a protected Marine Park and they are very strict about conservation and keeping the coral and fish safe and protected.


After our dive, while waiting for lunch, I relaxed and read for a while on our patio while Frank took some shots for me to share with you.


He took shots of our room and our neighbor's rooms.  Each room is filled with members of our dive group and then there is another block of rooms also filled with our friends.


Some of our neighbors don't have rooms.  They just live under the trees and rocks.  Like these 2 guys.


And this handsome fella lives right outside of the steps to our patio.  He comes to visit each time we go out.

We went and had lunch and then started getting our gear together for a boat dive.  I was putting my gear together on the boat when suddenly I broke out in a cold sweat and my stomach cramped.  I ran to the restroom and.....Let's just say it wasn't pretty.

I had a fish burger for lunch, I liked it but apparently it did not like me.  I aborted the dive and went back to the room where I alternated between the bed and the bathroom. Very disappointing.

But, while in bed, I read and I finished a book I had gotten on special at Kindle.  Orchids and Stone by Lisa Preston.


Lisa Preston is a retired Police Officer which, of course, appealed to me.  This is her first work of fiction.  It kept my attention and while, at times, it was predictable, it still held my attention and made me want to keep reading. It is the story of a young woman who has suffered much tragedy in her life, Her sister was murdered and the case is never solved.  Her father, 10 years after the murder and the day before her sister's birthday, takes his own life.  It is the story of how these events affect her life and make her very tenacious when she believes an elderly woman to be in trouble, making her determined to get involved and not ignore her pleas for help as someone must have with her sister.  I am giving it 3 out of 5 stars. 




2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a good book! I am so sorry about your 'fish sandwich' problems!! Things like that can ruin a vacation. I hope you will be better for the next day. Loved all the pictures Frank took!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am all back to normal now Paula, so only 1 afternoon and evening was lost. Plenty of time to make up for it. Thanks.

      Delete

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.