Saturday, April 23, 2016

Our last full day on Bonaire

It is hard to believe that a whole week has passed.  It has been a lovely vacation.  It isn't over yet.  We still have until Noon before we leave for the airport. I thought I would take this time, while waiting for Frank to shower, to share yesterday's adventures.

We were up bright and early for kayaking.  Unfortunately, I can't share those photos yet because the computer is saying they can't find the files on the GoPro so Frank has to work on that when we get home.

I will tell you that we had a very peaceful, enjoyable paddle and snorkel through the mangroves.  Our guide was very competent and knowledgeable.  I am going to share more information about that trip when I post the photos.

We walked down to the next resort for lunch and made some friends along the way.


The donkeys just roam around the island.
These guys were walking along and I asked them to stop and pose for us and they did!



Then these little guys flew up and posed for us too.
I guess they didn't want to be left out.

Kayaking wore me out evidently because I took a two hour nap when I got back to the room.  We awoke and went out to the pool to visit with the others for a bit and to decide on where we were going for dinner.  A group of 10 of us decided to go into town to an Italian restaurant that has gotten rave reviews and, as we found out, with good reason.


Waiting on the others to leave for dinner.


All meeting up at the pool.


Dinner was wonderful and the company even better.

Dinner on the Island is a few hour event.  Our reservations were at 7 and dinner was completed and we were on our way back to the resort around 10:30.  It was a great final full day.





2 comments:

  1. I love the several-hour long meals with good friends!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do too Paula. Spending time with this group is one of the best parts of vacation.

      Delete

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.