It is National Chocolate Cake Day. Join the Festive Foodies as we celebrate.........
Cam of Culinary Adventures with Camilla invited us to celebrate with her by sharing a chocolate cake of some sort. I was happy to join in the fun.....who doesn't love chocolate cake?
I had all these visions of the chocolate cake I could make and share. Perhaps a multiple layer cake with chocolate mousse between the layers. Or a Black Forest Cake, my all time favorite.
Then reality hit. There was no way I was going to find the time to make an elaborate cake. Heck, I'd be lucky to find time to even make a cake!!! Then I came upon this easy peasy recipe over at the King Arthur Website.
The Angel Face and I put this together when she came home from school and we enjoyed it for dessert after dinner. See the duck lips? That's what happens when a little girl gets a new teen-aged aunt.
She helped me to unwrap the kisses that I used as frosting to make this cake even easier. We placed the kisses on top as soon as we took the cake out of the oven. Then I placed the cake back into the oven, that was still warm but turned off, for a few minutes to soften the kisses so they could be spread over the top of the cake.
Before I share my adaptation to this recipe, let's drool over the other chocolate cakes being shared today......
- Amy of House of Nash Eats: One Bowl Chocolate Cake
- Camilla of Culinary Adventures with Camilla: Frisky Whiskey Chocolate Cake
- Cindy of Cindy's Recipes and Writings: Spicy Sweet Chocolate Cake
- Erin of The Spiffy Cookie: Chocolate Gooey Butter Cake
- Jaida of Sweet Beginnings: Chocolate Caramel Turtle Cake
- Jolene of Jolene's Recipe Journal: Old Fashioned Fudge Cake
- Lisa of Bloggehtti: German Chocolate Bundt Cake
- Kate of Kate's Recipe Box: Chocolate Poke Cake
- Nichole of Cookaholic Wife: Italian Love Cake
- Sue of Palatable Pastime Triple Chocolate Cheesecake
- Terri of Our Good Life: Chocolate Mug Cake Keto Style
- Wendy of A Day in the Life on the Farm: Easy One Pan Mocha Cake
Hungry for chocolate cake now after reading all those delicious recipes? Grab a pan and a whisk, this cake will be on the table in less than an hour.....
#cake, #chocolate, #easy, #quick
Yield: 16 servingsPin it
Easy One Pan Mocha Cake
This easy peasy cake is mixed, baked and served in the same pan making. It is ready from start to finish in less than an hour. It is the perfect weeknight dessert.
prep time: 10 minscook time: 30 minstotal time: 40 mins
- 1 1/2 c. flour
- 1 c. sugar
- 1/4 c. baking cocoa
- 1/2 t. salt
- 1 t. baking soda
- 1 t. vanilla
- 1 T. apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 c. canola oil
- 1 c. cold coffee
- 20 milk chocolate kisses, if desired
- Treat a 7x7" baking pan with baking spray. Place the flour, sugar, cocoa, salt and baking soda in the pan. Stir together with a whisk until combined.
- Make 3 wells in the dry ingredients. Pour the vanilla into one well, the vinegar into the second well and the oil into the third well. Pour the coffee over the entire cake and whisk until combined.
- Bake in a preheated 350* oven for about 30 minutes, or until a skewer inserted removes cleanly.
- Remove from oven and turn oven off. While cake is still hot, place the kisses on top and place the cake back in the oven for a minute or two, until the kisses are completely soft. Spread over the cake with a knife and let cake cool in the pan.
Adapted from a recipe found at King Arthur.
Property of A Day in the Life on the Farm
Created using The Recipes Generator