Friday, October 20, 2017

3 Ingredient Spaghetti with Crab Sauce #FishFridayFoodies

Wow, busy day today in the blog world.  I am posting three separate recipes today for three separate events.  I normally try to combine events but it wasn't happening today.

You will find my recipe for Adult Hot Chocolate in my final post for this year's Choctoberfest.  It was a fun week but I was ready for a cocktail.  This is a perfect drink for you to enjoy when you prepare to unwind for the weekend.

Hot chocolate not your thing?  Well then head on over to my #MerlotMe post and find out how a glass of Decoy Merlot can be enjoyed with our Crazy Ingredient Challenge.  A delicious, rustic, skillet dinner and a glass of wine is perfect for this Fall weather.


Now.....right now.....in this post.....We are celebrating Fish Friday with all of my Foodie friends.  Fish Friday Foodies was started by me to assist me in adding more fish/seafood protein to our diet.  I asked a few of my friends to join me and they all stepped up to the plate.  They created the graphic that you see above and they assist me each month by taking turns hosting and choosing a theme.

This month our host with the most is Claire of Sprinkles and Sprouts who chose the theme Fish/Seafood Pasta.  I am hosting next month with a theme of Stuffing....it is not just for Turkey.  Should you like to join our fun and friendly group just leave your blog name in the comment section below and I will send you an invitation or you can email me at wendyklik1517@gmail.com

I had served a lovely Crab Ravioli in Shallot Cream Sauce as the fish course at a dinner party several months ago, so when Claire chose this topic I smiled and was pleased as punch that I would be ahead of the game.

So imagine my surprise and disappointment when I went to write this post and was unable to locate any of the photos I had taken of that amazing dish.  I know that they are in this computer somewhere but I'll be darned if I can figure out where.  I spent a couple of days looking through all my old files (there are hundreds of photo files) before I started to panic.

Ok, I said to myself, just breathe....you have time to make another batch of the ravioli.  I decided I would, again, serve it as the fish course at a dinner party celebrating our eldest's birthday.  Then I promptly put it out of my mind and started concentrating on other events in which I was participating.

Last Sunday, I began preparing for the dinner.  I was very excited as all of our kids who live locally were going to be able to attend.  It is very rare for us all to be available on the same day....life is way too busy for that.

I plastered my beef tenderloin roast with herbs and olive oil and put it aside to marinade a bit.  I started baking the apple pie and whipping up the chocolate cream pie.  I put the potatoes on to boil for the loaded mashed potato casserole. I pulled the corn chowder out of the freezer to thaw and I washed the romaine, spun it dry and put it in the refrigerator so it would be all ready for the Caesar salad.

Then I sat and relaxed, very pleased with myself. An hour before guests arrived I put out an appetizer tray, put the soup on to warm and preheated the oven.  Suddenly it occurred to me that I had never made the ravioli. Aargh...not only did I not have a fish course for the dinner but I was running out of time for this event too.


I felt like I was on chopped.  I had 50 minutes left to create a pasta dish containing fish or seafood.  To the pantry, I ran.  I had canned crab that was to be used in the ravioli, I had some dried spaghetti and I had a jar of prepared creamy tomato sauce.

It doesn't get much easier than that.  I added a little extra heavy cream to the sauce to thin it out a bit and then incorporated the crabmeat but if you don't have cream on hand you can always use the cooking water from the spaghetti.  I put a large pot of  water on to heat so that it would quickly come to a boil when the time was right.  When I served the soup, I turned the water to high and brought it to a boil.  

While the soup bowls were being removed, I put the pasta on to boil.  We served the salad and when the pasta was finished it needed only be drained and tossed with the sauce  It was enjoyed by all and nobody was the wiser.


3 Ingredient Spaghetti with Crab Sauce

1 lb. dried spaghetti
2 (6 oz) cans white crab meat, drained and picked through for shells
1 qt. prepared creamy tomato pasta sauce

Boil the spaghetti according to package directions, drain, reserving 1/2 c. of the cooking liquid. 

Meanwhile heat the sauce in a large pot over med low heat, thin with the reserved cooking liquid (or cream or milk) and stir in the crab.

Add the cooked pasta to the pot and toss to coat. Print Recipe

More Pasta Recipes for Fish Friday Foodies


10 comments:

  1. So easy after a hectic week! Don't we all need that sometimes?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This has been quite a busy week! Three posts in one week! Nice save!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Three posts in one day today. 10 posts in one week. I'm ready for a break Karen.

      Delete
  3. I hear you! I made pizza on the stovetop last night with premade dough, jarred sauce, and already shredded cheese. Yep...sometimes we just need that, right?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh you gotta love those last minute frantic rushes!! This sounds like a wonderful, creamy dish and I'm glad you made it through the pinch! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Last minute can definitely work, as you showed, and does sound crazy doing three posts today but well done for managing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This dish looks so good, Wendy! Hat's off to you for writing so many post in a day.. great!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.