This week, Sarah of The Chef Next Door, is hosting and has chosen the theme of Dad's Favorite Recipes in honor of Father's Day. I decided to grill the filet mignon's and serve them with the zip sauce as instructed by the chef. Our eldest daughter, Amy, and son in law, Doug, joined us for dinner. Filet Mignon is one of Amy's favorite dishes as well.
I started out by first dipping the filets in olive oil and then into Montreal Steak Seasoning to coat.
I let them sit out for an hour so they were at room temperature before cooking.
Preheat your grill to high heat, at least 500* or higher.
Place the filets onto the grill and allow to sear, close the grill for 4-5 minutes to roast the filet.
Turn the filet over, close the grill and cook for another 4-5 minutes for medium rare.
I served this up with all of Frank's favorites.
The zip sauce was store bought and heated with a 1/4 lb of unsalted butter before serving.
I made garlic mashed potatoes, using Yukon Golds.
Tossed some new carrots in olive oil and garlic and grilled them until tender.
A very successful dinner, enjoyed by all.
Grilled Filet Mignon with Zip Sauce
1 (6-8 oz) filet mignon per person
Montreal Steak Seasoning
1 jar Original Zip Sauce
1 stick unsalted butter
Place olive oil in a shallow dish, about 1 T. for every two steaks. Place approx.. 1 T. of Montreal Seasoning for each steak into another shallow dish. Trim your filets of any large pieces of fat or silver skin. Dip each side into the olive oil and then into the seasoning to coat. Place on a plate and allow to sit at room temperature for at least a half an hour and up to two hours.
Preheat your gas grill to high. With lid closed it should register at least 500*. Place the steaks onto the grill, close the lid and let roast for 4-5 minutes. Flip the steaks, close the grill and cook for 4-5 minutes longer or to desired temperature. Allow to rest for 5 minutes before serving.
While steak is resting, place contents of one jar Zip Sauce in a small saucepan along with 1 stick of unsalted butter. Cook and stir over med heat until combined and heated through. Place a pool of sauce onto a plate, lay one filet on the sauce and drizzle with additional sauce. Print Recipe
Here are other Dad Favorites being shared today.
Appetizers & Snacks:
- Best Popcorn Ever (with Nutritional Yeast!!) by The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Easy Homemade Pretzel Recipe by April Golightly
- Nana’s Pimento Cheese by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Bourbon Sweet Tea Cocktail by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Dad’s Favorite Blueberry Pancakes by Family Around The Table
- Steak & Egg Breakfast Skillet by Caroline's Cooking
- Apple Crisp by Ninja Baker
- Banana Berry Bread by Desserts Required
- Blackberry Chocolate Chunk Ice Cream by Simple and Savory
- Black Bourbon Walnut Brownies with Maple-Candied Bacon by The Crumby Cupcake
- Blueberry Ice Cream Cookie Bars by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Cherry Garcia Bars by Pies and Plots
- Chocolate Marshmallow Cupcakes by Crazed Mom Lifestyle & Recipes
- Pineapple Upside Down Cake by Grumpy's Honeybunch
- Coconut Cream Pie by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Tempura Strawberries by Baking Sense
- German Chocolate Brownie Pie by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Graham Cracker Chocolate Chunk No-Churn Ice Cream by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Grilled Fruit Kabobs with Fresh Whipped Cream by Helpful Homemade
- Peach Crumble Bars by The Finer Cookie
- Personal Banana Cream Pie by Food Lust People Love
- Strawberry Rhubarb Pie by The Chef Next Door
- Maizena Tamal by Basic N Delicious
- Mom's Carrot Cake by Jennifer Cooks
- Bacon Patty Melts by Cookin’ Mimi
- BBQ Salmon Salad with Avocado Ranch Dressing by PancakeWarriors
- Beef Shepherd’s Pie Casserole by Cooking Chat
- Buffalo Chicken Tacos by Palatable Pastime
- Carolina-Style BBQ Burger by The Redhead Baker
- Coffee-Rubbed Prime Rib Roast by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Fried Chicken by Tramplingrose
- Grilled Chicken and Beef Stir Fry by The Freshman Cook
- Grilled Filet Mignon with Zip Sauce by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Italian Sausage and Peppers by Monica's Table
- Moroccan Preserved Lemon Chicken Tagine by Curious Cuisiniere
- Philly Style Slow Roasted Pork Sandwich with Broccoli Rabe and Provolone by The Hungry Goddess
- Sharp Cheddar and Crispy Onion Burgers with Horseradish Sauce by A Mind Full Mom
- Skillet Spaghetti and Meatballs by From Gate to Plate
- Spicy Fish Tacos with Garlic-Chive Aioli by Wholistic Woman
- Turkey Chorizo Burgers with Guacamole by Books n’ Cooks
- Vegetarian “Philly Cheesesteak” by Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Walnut Cauliflower Zucchini Boats by Beauty and the Beets
- Chipotle Lime Cole Slaw by Dizzy Busy and Hungry
- The Ultimate BLT Pasta Salad by Cooking with Carlee