Thursday, April 7, 2016

The Weekly Menu posted early.....

Being on vacation last week and not coming home until Monday evening played havoc with my menu planning.  So when we got up Tuesday morning (late, around 9 am) I looked around at my bare cupboards and found everything I needed to make a quick and delicious coffee cake for breakfast. Then I dug in the freezer and found some Italian Sausage to serve for dinner so we made pasta and I decided to make this easy peasy Italian Bread to serve along side.



Yesterday we went and had our taxes done and then stopped by the fish market on the way home.  I made a delicious whole roasted fish that I will be sharing with you next week on Fish Friday Foodies.



This morning I pulled a bag that appears to be BBQ Pulled Pork from the freezer but it's not marked so until it defrosts I am not sure what we are having for dinner tonight.

Tomorrow I am having a fun get together at the house.  My friend, Marilyn, is a skin care expert and we are having a Peel Party.  Six of my friends are coming over and the seven of us will get facials. Each peel takes about half an hour so the rest of us will enjoy cocktails and munchies throughout the evening.

Saturday we may meet our friends, Rob and Linda, for dinner at the Dorsey House where Rob's band is playing.  Sunday the whole family is meeting at Amy and Doug's for dinner.  We are bringing drinks and dessert.  Monday, I have a meeting at church.  Tuesday we are meeting our friends, Mark and Helen, for dinner.  Wednesday I am working the food pantry. Thursday is choir and Friday we are staying out at the airport because our flight leaves at 6 am on Saturday.  Bonaire here we come!!

So here is my menu for this busy week.  Please stop by each day for photos, updates and recipes.

Thursday
Chef's Surprise

Friday
Cheese and Beer Fondue with Russian Reuben Brats, Cauliflower and Bread Cubes
Crostini with Goat Cheese,Olives, Lemon and Thyme
Chips with Salsa and Guacamole
Sweet and Sour Meatballs
BBQ Pork Sliders
Crudites with Dill Dip
Shrimp Cocktail
Cheese, Fruit and Nut Platter
Assorted Cocktails

Saturday
Out for dinner

Sunday-Dinner at Amy's
Brownies


Meatless Monday
Pasta Primavera

Tuesday 
Out for dinner

Wednesday
Split Pea Soup

Thursday
Slow Cooker Beef Tostadas

Friday
Vacation Bound!!

4 comments:

  1. I went off to my friend Google and looked up Bonaire. I haven't been there. We went to many places in the Caribbean. This one looks special to you divers! Your menu looks amazing, as usual. I love dill dip

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank God for Google. Yes, Bonaire is a great dive destination.

      Delete
  2. Sorry about not staying till Tuesday. I didnt have to have the kids, infact it would of been less painful ( lol) to have had the dogs. :) Didnt mean to cause an issue with getting someone for 1 night. cya Friday. looking forward to it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I see now that I put Tuesday on this post but it was actually Monday and I am just still in a fog. We were home Monday night and the food was cooked Tuesday. I am editing the post now. Thanks for the heads up.

      Delete

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.