Muffin Monday is the brainchild of my friend Stacy of Food Lust People Love. I think she has been celebrating Muffin Monday since she started blogging and was kind enough to invite some of us to join her. There are no themes, no assignments, no commitments. When we have time we make some muffins, blog about it and share links to the other's posts. A perfect blogging club!
This month I am sharing a muffin that I made to go along with my daughter's birthday dinner. We had BBQ Ribs, Rice Mingle Salad, a Ramen Salad and these delicious Sour Cream and Green Onion Corn Muffins. They were the perfect accompaniment to the dinner and I am proud to share them with you.
Sour Cream and Green Onion Corn Muffins
slightly adapted from: Epicurious.com
1 c. flour
1 c. cornmeal
1/4 c. sugar
2 t. baking powder
1 1/2 t. salt
1/2 t. baking soda
3 grinds fresh black pepper
1 c. sour cream
1/4 c butter, melted and cooled
1 1/2 c. frozen corn kernels, thawed and drained
4 green onions, white and light green parts, sliced
Combine first 7 ingredients in a large bowl. Whisk together the sour cream, eggs and butter in a small bowl. Add to dry ingredients mixing just until combined. Fold in the corn and onions. Place into a 12 cup muffin pan that has been fitted with muffin papers. Bake in a preheated 425* oven for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown and a skewer inserted removes cleanly. Print Recipe
Don't forget to stop by and see the muffins the others are sharing this month!
- Apple Carrot Muffins from Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Blueberry Cornmeal Sourdough Muffins from Karen's Kitchen Stories
- Cherry Chocolate Chip Muffins from Palatable Pastime
- Cinnamon Molasses Muffins from Passion Kneaded
- Cranberry White Chocolate Muffins from Making Miracles
- Peanut Butter Cup Stuffed Chocolate Muffins from Food Lust People Love
- Sour Cream and Green Onion Corn Muffins from A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Spicy and Sweet Hummus Muffins from Kelli’s Kitchen
- Strawberry Vanilla Yogurt Muffins from Farm Fresh Feasts
#MuffinMonday is a group of muffin loving bakers who get together once a month to bake muffins. You can see all our of lovely muffins by following our Pinterest board.
Updated links for all of our past events and more information about Muffin Monday, can be found on our home page.