Monday, April 25, 2016

Sour Cream and Green Onion Corn Muffins #MuffinMonday

I love the last Monday of every month.  You know why?  Because it is Muffin Monday.  It is the day we get together and share our muffin recipes with each other and with our readers.  I, for one, love muffins and I am fascinated at all the great recipes the other members of this group share.

Muffin Monday is the brainchild of my friend Stacy of Food Lust People Love.  I think she has been celebrating Muffin Monday since she started blogging and was kind enough to invite some of us to join her.  There are no themes, no assignments, no commitments.  When we have time we make some muffins, blog about it and share links to the other's posts.  A perfect blogging club!



This month I am sharing a muffin that I made to go along with my daughter's birthday dinner.  We had BBQ Ribs, Rice Mingle Salad, a Ramen Salad and these delicious Sour Cream and Green Onion Corn Muffins.  They were the perfect accompaniment to the dinner and I am proud to share them with you. 




Sour Cream and Green Onion Corn Muffins
slightly adapted from: Epicurious.com

1 c. flour
1 c. cornmeal
1/4 c. sugar
2 t. baking powder
1 1/2 t. salt
1/2 t. baking soda
3 grinds fresh black pepper
1 c. sour cream
2 eggs
1/4 c butter, melted and cooled
1 1/2 c. frozen corn kernels, thawed and drained
4 green onions, white and light green parts, sliced

Combine first 7 ingredients in a large bowl.  Whisk together the sour cream, eggs and butter in a small bowl.  Add to dry ingredients mixing just until combined.  Fold in the corn and onions.  Place into a 12 cup muffin pan that has been fitted with muffin papers.  Bake in a preheated 425* oven for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown and a skewer inserted removes cleanly.  Print Recipe


 Don't forget to stop by and see the muffins the others are sharing this month! 



#MuffinMonday is a group of muffin loving bakers who get together once a month to bake muffins. You can see all our of lovely muffins by following our Pinterest board.

Updated links for all of our past events and more information about Muffin Monday, can be found on our home page.

13 comments:

  1. Oh, yeah! These are my kind of muffins, Wendy! I'd make every muffin savory if my taste testers wouldn't complain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks again for letting me join in at the last moment Stacy. May promises to be a quieter month.

      Delete
  2. Rice mingle salad? Excuse me while I google that. I'll have to make these muffins for my mother soon. I'm not a cornmeal fan but she loves it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My bad Kels, you can find the Rice Mingle salad at http://adayinthelifeonthefarm.blogspot.com/2014/04/a-double-celebration.html

      Delete
  3. Hmmmmm..... These sound like a delicious bunch of muffins I could make in the next couple of hours since I have everything on hand.......and we are having brisket for supper. YUM! I've scheduled you for social media later today! Kelli

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kelli, for the compliments and for the share. Hope you enjoy them.

      Delete
  4. This sounds like a very good recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These sound delicious! Almost like scallion pancakes in a muffin! I can't wait to try these!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have never had scallion pancakes. I have to remedy that.

      Delete
  6. Wendy,
    I love how muffins can tie together a celebratory meal. I'd throw some shredded cheddar cheese in these and have them alongside chili even--they look delicious. Something about adding the dairy to muffins (sour cream, yogurt, whey) makes such a tender crumb.

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They would be even better with some cheese thrown in Kirsten. Great idea.

      Delete
  7. I love the use of scallions in here, and I bet the sour cream keeps this corn bread moist.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.