Sunday, November 30, 2014

Happy Advent Everyone

Today is the beginning of Advent.  The time set aside by the church to prepare the way for the Lord. It is a time of great expectation and anticipation.

In this household, it is time for preparation, joy and entertaining.  It is a time filled with great family, good friends, plentiful food, wonderful drinks and lots of laughter.  It is a busy time of year with lots of errands to run, places to go and people to see.  I hope you will join me throughout this season as I share it with you.

I actually started off the season a bit early so I could get to the post office yesterday.  I shipped out my cookies for the Great Food Blogger Cookie Swap and my packages for the 12 Days of Christmas Swap.  Today we are putting up our Christmas Lights and then taking the Turkey Frame Soup and going over to Ting's and Tony's for dinner and to help them put up their Christmas lights.  They got their tree up yesterday.  Our tree will be put up later during the Advent Season.  I am anxious to go spend some more time with this little adorable gift from God.



We will not start decorating inside for a bit yet.  We are doing the outside because it is in the 50's here today so we are taking advantage of it.  I set up the Advent Cross this morning and we will light it with a special prayer at each dinner we share.  I love my Advent Cross.  It was a new addition last year or the year before replacing our Advent Wreath that had been used for many years prior.


We have set the dates for our Lunch with Santa to celebrate Mom's 94th Birthday and our Choir Potluck Christmas Celebration.  This week we will be mailing out those invitations as well as our Christmas Cards that I made earlier this month.

Do you have any Advent traditions?  Please share them in the comments below. I am sharing this post at Inspiration Monday, follow me over there to be inspired and inspire others with your ideas.

Wishing you and yours a very Holy and Joyful Advent from me and mine.  

4 comments:

  1. No special advent celebrations at our house. This is not or ever HSS been my favorite time of the year for many personalized reasons I hate how commercialized the season has become If it weren't for the kids I wouldn't even put up a tree this year. But I like he reading about your plans

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is very commercialized. That is one of the reasons I like Advent. It reminds us of the reason we celebrate Christmas.

      Delete
  2. I love Advent, and also, the Twelfth Day, The Day of Epiphany.

    Your little granddaughter is just so adorable.

    Have a very Merry Christmas Season!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Zip...Not too many of us keep Christmas until the Epiphany but I am glad that we do.

      Delete

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.