Thursday, November 6, 2014

A Little Bit of This and That

My Traverse City family is arriving tonight so we will get to spend all day tomorrow and Saturday with them.  I am very excited.  We haven't seen them since August which is waaaaay toooooo long. My friend, Cathy, who lives up north is meeting us on Saturday for scrapbooking and then staying Saturday night also so that is an added bonus.  I will also get to spend some time Saturday with my friend, Sue, who lives locally but we never seem to find the time to get together as often as we would like.

Frank bought me a fitbit last week so I have been playing with that and trying to figure out how it works.  I am not sure how it is able to measure my sleep and activity levels...technology is beyond me I guess.  I will just have to go on faith that it is accurate and will help me achieve my goal of losing 1 lb a week for a year.

I went to Zumba this morning but didn't stop to see Mom today because I had an eye appointment.  I was pleasantly surprised to find that my vision has not changed at all so I didn't need new glasses. Frank's prescription changed a little so he got new glasses and they will be ready in a couple of weeks.

After the eye doctor we went to the grocer to pick up some munchies and stuff to have on hand this weekend and the stuff I needed to make my lasagnas.  Then when we got home we had time to work on the insides of our Christmas cards so that they are ready for Saturday.  You can see last year's design that we made and sent here.  And this is our design for this year.


This will be the inside of each card.


And this is the outside.


  • I use premade note cards.
  • Frank prints the inside sentiment on each.
  • Frank also cut all the patterned card stock to fit the front of the card.
  • I bought pre-made tags that I then stamped and embossed.
  • I used double sided tape to affix the tag to the cardstock and added a brad through the top of the tag for a little contrast and glitz.
  • I then used double sided tape to affix the cardstock to the notecard.
Have a great day everyone...........I am sharing this post at Inspiration Monday.....see you there.

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful Christmas cards. Hope you have a fun weekend...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Paula, I am looking forward to it....I hope yours is nice as well.

      Delete
  2. Those cards are so pretty! SO crazy to me to think that it is really time to start thinking about all that. I'm so focused on getting our house ready to sell, and unpacking at the new house the fact that the Holidays are literally right around the corner smacks me upside the head and surprises me every other day... I've got to get my act together!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your act is waaaaaay together Rebekah. I can't believe how much you accomplish each day.

      Delete

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.