- When I walked into Dawn's, Mom looked at me and asked "Who are you?" I told her I was Wendy and she replied that I looked different.
- When we were leaving Dawn's, Mom became insistent that Dawn should go with us because it was not right that she stay in "those people's house" when they aren't even home. When told Dawn lived there, Mom replied...Oh, yeah, she wishes!!
- On the way home Mom said she was tired. I replied that I was sure she was as it was a busy day flying home from California. Mom said, "well, yes, but that was several weeks ago.
- Several times, while on the way home, Mom said I better just take her to her house because her husband is waiting for her.
- Since we have been home she has asked me 9 times how long I have lived here. When I reply 13 yrs she is very concerned because she didn't think she had been gone 13 yrs.
- She has asked for "our" mother numerous times. She cannot understand how I could forget that "Ma" has always lived here with us.
- When I tried to explain to her that "Ma" has never lived here she pointed to Buddy and asked why her (Ma's) dog was here then.
- She just asked me twice more, between #5 and #7, how long I have lived here. This last time she asked again about Ma and then asked "well what about Dad?".
- I was very excited when she looked over and saw my painting that is still waiting to be framed. She asked if I made it while she was gone. I replied that I had. She responded that she loved it, especially the animal in there....it looks so realistic??????
I finally handed her a glass of wine and turned on the game shows.
Welcome Home Mom!!!
I will continue to Thrive at Home. You can too, please join us.