1. Spending time with God's word. Each morning I open up an app that I downloaded called Laudate. This app has a lot of great features but one that I use each day is the Saint of the Day and the Daily Readings. It is how I try to start each morning in God's presence.
2. Attending Mass. Going to Mass, for me, is like going home. I walk in the familiar doors with the familiar smells and I immediately feel more peaceful. I like the Traditions and the traditions of the Roman Catholic Church. I enjoy visiting other churches and I admire certain things about many other religions but no place feels more like home to me than the Roman Catholic Church.
3. Helping Others. I believe we all have a calling from our Lord, that he has supplied each of us with gifts to share with others. I guess my calling must be care giving. I feel closer to God when I am helping others. I feel being a mother to my children, a wife to my husband, a caregiver to my parents, a police officer and a volunteer are very important tasks that God has called me to and of which I needed and still need to give in the Glory of his name.
4. Scuba Diving. I know I have told you this before but I feel closer to God underwater than any where else in the world. His magnificence is amazing!!
5. Hiking. I also feel very close to God when I am out in nature hiking. I don't know how anyone can look at the majesty that surrounds us and not feel God's presence.