Saturday, May 11, 2024

Grande Réserve de Gassac Blanc 2021: A White Blend from Languedoc #Winophiles

Often called ‘The Lafite of the Languedoc,’ the iconic Mas de Daumas Gassac estate has been praised by top critic Hugh Johnson for setting “an example of excellence.” It’s a delicious blend of Grenache Blanc, Sauvignon Blanc, Chardonnay, and Viognier.

Wine

This was the description provided by the WSJ Wine Club to which I belong.....

When Martin of Enofylz invited us to join him in Exploring Languedoc, I went into my latest wine shipment and found this Grand Reserve de Gassac. 

Dinner Plate with Wine

I had not tried this particular wine before but one of my favorite French White Wines is Picpoul.  I have also enjoyed a wonderful Rose from the area as well as some of their Reds.  

I was making Spanish Baked Fish with Potatoes for dinner one night and thought that this wine would make a nice pairing.  I thought right.  

This medium-bodied, dry white wine with herbal notes paired very nicely with the buttery goodness of the Cod and Olive oil-poached potatoes.  

I didn't want to miss the Winophiles event this month as I am leaving for Europe on Wednesday. While I will not be visiting wine country during my time in France, I will be in Paris for a few days before my tour of the Beaches of Normandy, and I am sure I will be enjoying many glasses of French Wine.  This group of amazing folks has increased my knowledge and enjoyment of French Wines.

Let's take a look at some of the other Languedoc wines being shared this month. 

4 comments:

  1. Your pairing sounds delightful! Have a great trip to Europe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you'll enjoy your time in Normandy as much as I did Wendy! I'm digging this pairing and the wine sounds like a winner! Cheers!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.