We are celebrating National Pizza Day with the Festive Foodies.........
Heather of Hezzi D's Books and Cooks invited the members of Festive Foodies to join her in celebration National Pizza Day saying:
"Pizza rolls, Pizza dip, pizza with white sauce, pizza with red sauce, it's a pizza extravaganza! Post your favorite pizza recipe for National Pizza Day on February 9."Check out all the great National Pizza Day Recipes submitted:
- Air Fryer Buffalo Chicken Flatbread Pizza from Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
- Cheesy Pan Pizza with Turkey Sausage from Karen's Kitchen Stories
- Copycat Taco Bell Mexican Pizza from Palatable Pastime
- Dill Pickle Pizza from Kate's Recipe Box
- Goat Cheese and Pickled Jalapeno Pizza from The Spiffy Cookie
- I Give You My Heart Pizza from A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Indian Inspired Pizza from Foodette & Family
- Pizza Pull Aparts from Cindy's Recipes and Writings
I found this recipe in a cookbook called Home Baked Family Favorites published by Rhodes and knew that I wanted to share it with my readers as Valentine's Day is right around the corner. I made this pizza and served it up to the Teen and her boyfriend. They responded that it was good but looked more like Mickey Mouse than a heart.....Everyone's a critic LOL.
There is really no recipe. This is more of an idea. Shape your dough into a heart shape as best you can. I always place my dough onto a piece of parchment paper to be slipped onto a hot stone in the oven. It is much easier and less messy than using cornmeal on your peel.
Use any toppings that you like. I used jarred marinara sauce that I had in my cupboard and went with hard salami cut into heart shapes as well.
This is a fun way to treat your family to a Valentine's treat on Friday and it takes only minutes to make. You can set the frozen rolls, if using, on the counter in the morning. When you are ready for dinner, simply shape, top and place in the oven. Dinner is ready in less than half an hour.
I am also linking up with Foodies Read. Stop by and see what others are reading and preparing this month.
#Valentinesday, #Holidays, #Pizza, #quick, #easy,
Entrees, Snacks, Pizza
Yield: 6 servings (2 pizzas)
I Give You My Heart Pizza
Surprise your family on Valentine's Day with this fun and delicious heart shaped pizza.
prep time: 10 Mcook time: 12 Mtotal time: 22 M
- 18 frozen dinner rolls, thawed to room temperature
- 1 c. marinara sauce
- 8 oz. fresh mozzarella, sliced
- 10 slices hard salami
How to cook I Give You My Heart Pizza
- Divide the rolls in half. Place 9 rolls onto two pieces of parchment paper in the shape of a triangle. Roll and pat each into the shape of a heart.
- Divide the sauce between the pizzas, covering each, leaving a 1" border for the crust.
- Cover each pizza with half of the sliced Mozzarella.
- Cut each salami slice into heart shapes and place 5 onto each pizza.
- Bake on a preheated stone or baking sheet in a preheated 400* oven for 10-12 minutes.
Recipe idea from Home Baked Family Favorites by Rhodes
Sat. Fat (grams)
Property of A Day in the Life on the Farm
Created using The Recipes Generator