Sunday, January 26, 2020

Celebrating Chinese New Year 2020

Chinese New Year 2020

The Year of the Rat Menu

Long Life Noodles
Steamed Whole Fish
Stir Fry Vegetables
 Steamed Buns

We celebrated Chinese New Year yesterday........So much fun!!


This year I used up the last of the chopsticks, zodiac place mats and red envelopes that I bought in bulk eight years ago.  The chocolate filled gold coins are, of course, replaced each year.


I use the red envelopes as place setting markers and, as tradition dictates, there is wealth and good wishes inside each envelope.



We visited and enjoyed Lychee Nut Martinis  before sitting down to our feast.  After dinner, we visited some more while the kids painted canvases for the Teen's room with Neon Paints that "are going to look so cool with the track lights".

We played a few rounds of One Night Werewolf before our local guests left for home.  We and the TC family put on The Blues Brother and Frank made popcorn.  The next thing I knew Frank was waking my up from my comfy recliner and telling me it was time for bed.  It was a great start of the New Year.

Jessica shared some trivia while we enjoyed dinner, evidently if it is your birth sign year, meaning the rat this year, it is considered an unlucky year for you.  To ward off the bad luck you must wear red underwear all year long.  Next year is the Year of the Ox.  That's our Amy.....guess we will stock up on some red underwear for her LOL.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.