Friday, April 19, 2019

Fish and Tots #FishFridayFoodies

This easy dish is adaptable to any fish that you want to use.  I used Michigan Walleye or Pickerel as it is sometimes called.


This recipe was shared by our Parish Priest in one of our weekly bulletins.  I think that makes it perfect for Good Friday or anytime you want a quick, easy and delicious casserole.



My friend Sue of Palatable Pastime is hosting Fish Friday Foodies this month and asked us to share Good Friday Fish Recipes.

Let's take a look at what everyone brought to the table.......

Would you like to join Fish Friday Foodies? We post and share new seafood/fish recipes on the third Friday of the month. To join our group please email Wendy at wendyklik1517@gmail.com. Visit our Facebook page and Pinterest page for more wonderful fish and seafood recipe ideas.

The dish I'm sharing with you is perfect, in my humble opinion, as it is so easily adaptable.  You can use any fish that you like, any can of creamy soup that you like, any milk that you like, Miracle Whip or Mayo, and any seasoning that you like.



I used Walleye that had been given to me by my friends, Chet and Nancy.  They were cleaning out their freezer to get ready for this years catch and that means I got some of their fish from last year that was frozen in water immediately upon being caught.



Our priest, Father Brad, shared this recipe in our parish bulletin.  He used cream of celery soup and curry for flavoring, as did I, but I can't wait to try it with other flavors.


I served it up with a chopped salad and a delicious dinner was on the table in less than an hour.  

Just a note......I forgot about the curry powder until after I poured in the soup mixture so I sprinkled it on top.  I think it would have been much better had I remembered to incorporate it into the sauce.




#fish, #walleye, #pickerel, #casseroles,
Entrees, Fish, Casseroles
American
Yield: 4 servings
Author:

Fish and Tots

prep time: 5 Mcook time: 45 Mtotal time: 50 M
This easy dish is adaptable to any fish that you want to use.

ingredients:

  • 2 lbs fish fillet, I used Walleye
  • 1 (1 lb) pkg. Tater Tots
  • 1 can cream soup, I used Cream of Celery
  • 2/3 c. milk, I used 2%
  • 1/4 c. Miracle Whip or Mayonnaise
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • 1 t. curry powder or your favorite seasoning

instructions:

  1. Cut fish fillet into pieces and lay in the bottom of an 8" square baking pan that has been treated with cooking spray.  
  2. Layer the tater tots over the fish fillets.
  3. Whisk together the soup, Miracle Whip, milk, salt, pepper and curry.   Pour over the fish and tots. 
  4. Bake in a preheated 350* oven for about 45 minutes, until tots are golden brown and sauce is hot and bubbly.

NOTES:

Recipe adapted from Father Brad, OLR Parish,  Marine City, MI
Calories
484.73
Fat (grams)
14.91
Sat. Fat (grams)
4.29
Carbs (grams)
16.21
Fiber (grams)
1.16
Net carbs
15.05
Sugar (grams)
3.44
Protein (grams)
67.84
Sodium (milligrams)
1400.79
Cholesterol (grams)
264.67
Created using The Recipes Generator

6 comments:

  1. Such an easy meal that looks easy to scale up for a crowd too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds delicious and so "midwestern!" Perfect for Good Friday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nothing better than fresh fish from our Great Lakes Karen.

      Delete
  3. I have never seen this fish,but this baked dish looks so easy and delicious.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.