Wednesday, April 17, 2019

Candied Jalapeno Cheese Ball #FantasticalFoodFight

Four different types of cheese blended with candied jalapenos and coated with crispy panko bread crumbs.


Perfect to serve up for #NationalCheeseballDay.......




When Sarah of Fantastical Sharing of Recipes first announced that we were celebrating National Cheeseball Day for our Fantastical Food Fight, I thought they were celebrating our son in law, Doug!! Our daughter Amy, refers to him as a cheeseball all the time LOL......


And while that would have been a fun post to write it is hard to cook a relationship unless you are doing a roast.....haha.....I'm killing myself today.  I know, I know.....many of you are going to think I'm half-baked.....HAH....Okay, I'm done.  I promise.


Actually, this post wouldn't be possible without one of our other children, our son Tony, founder of Tony's Sweet Eats.   I used his Candied Jalapeno's in this recipe that I have served up twice now when hosting gatherings at our home.


It couldn't be simpler to make.  Just toss all the ingredients into a food processor and pulse until combined.  Place it on plastic wrap, wrap it and shape it into a ball.  Refrigerate for at least an hour and then unwrap and roll in panko bread crumbs to add some texture.


The sweetness of the candied jalapeno combined with the creamy richness of the cheese and the crunch of the bread crumbs is a perfect flavor profile.


I also served the candied jalapenos on the side for those who like a little extra heat with their cheeseball.  


Let's take a look at the other contenders recipes for Cheese Balls.........


Inlinkz Link Party



#appetizers, #cheese, #jalapenos, #snacks,
Appetizers, Snacks
American
Yield: 1 Cheese Ball
Author:

Candied Jalapeno Cheese Ball

Four different types of cheese blended with candied jalapenos and coated with crispy panko bread crumbs.
prep time: 5 Mcook time: total time: 5 M

ingredients:

  • 1 (8 oz) pkg. cream cheese, room temperature
  • 1 1/2 c. Shredded Mexican Blend Cheese
  • 8 oz. candied jalapenos
  • 1/2 c. panko bread crumbs

instructions:

  1. Place the cream cheese, cheese blend and half of the candied jalapenos in a food processor.  Pulse until combined.  
  2. Turn out onto a piece of plastic wrap.  Cover and form into a ball.  
  3. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour and up to 3 days. 
  4. Place panko in a shallow bowl. Remove cheese ball from plastic wrap and roll in bread crumbs.  
  5. Serve with remaining candied jalapenos on the side for topping.
Calories
982.01
Fat (grams)
61.59
Sat. Fat (grams)
35.33
Carbs (grams)
58.15
Fiber (grams)
8.78
Net carbs
49.37
Sugar (grams)
15.85
Protein (grams)
50.60
Sodium (milligrams)
1060.98
Cholesterol (grams)
188.89
Created using The Recipes Generator

10 comments:

  1. lol Loved the humor in your post today Wendy! I never thought of adding panko crumbs to a cheeseball. I'm allergic to must nuts, so i'm definitely going to try that next time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it would have been even better had I toasted them first.

      Delete
  2. This sounds delicious! Love that you used your son's candied jalapenos. By the way, are you appearing in comedy clubs soon? =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hah....I don't know of any that are looking to close their doors LOL.

      Delete
  3. Perfect appetizer at a party Wendy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wendy I love this easy recipe so much - those candied jalapenos look fantastic- you are lucky to have such great family!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want to try this but I think I will roll the cheeseball in crushed tortilla chips.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.