Sunday, April 7, 2019

Egg and Smoked Salmon Salad #OurFamilyTable

This delicious egg salad has a pleasant surprise with the addition of mesquite smoked salmon.  Perfect to set out as a spread for crackers as an appetizer or on a croissant for lunch.


We are sharing Egg-straordinary Egg Salads today with Our Dinner Table Group........

 This party is being hosted by Christie of A Kitchen Hoors Adventures.  Knowing that our readers will be looking for ways to use up those dyed eggs and as a nod to National Egg Salad week, Christie asked us all to bring a spectacular egg salad to the table.


Here are the recipes we are sharing with you this week....

Egg-straordinary Egg Salad Recipes


We share Recipes From Our Dinner Table! Join our group and share your recipes, too! While you're at it, join our Pinterest board, too!


These are not dyed Easter Eggs.  My eggs come naturally colored from my hens.  The smoked salmon is from a local restaurant that I love, Marine City Fish Company.  Not only do they serve wonderful meals and have the best chowder around but they also house smoke salmon and make jerky for retail sale.

They have several different flavors of smoked salmon.  I chose to use the Mesquite flavored option.


I made this egg salad with very little seasoning, preferring to allow the flavor of the salmon shine through. I used no salt at all.  Just a little pepper and the dill flavoring in the relish, and a sprinkle of paprika for color.



#eggs, #smokedsalmon, #salad, #appetizers, #sandwiches,
Appetizers, Sandwiches, Salads
American
Yield: 1 1/2 cups
Author:

Egg and Smoked Salmon Salad

prep time: 10 Mcook time: total time: 10 M
This delicious egg salad has a pleasant surprise with the addition of mesquite smoked salmon. Perfect to set out as a spread for crackers as an appetizer or on a croissant for lunch.

ingredients:

  • 4 eggs, hard boiled and peeled
  • 1/4 lb. smoked salmon
  • 1/2 c. Miracle Whip 
  • 1 T. dill relish
  • pepper, to taste
  • paprika for garnish, if desired

instructions:

  1. Coarsely chop the eggs and place into a bowl.  Mix in the Miracle Whip, relish and pepper.  
  2. Flake the salmon into chunks.  Gently fold into the egg salad. 
  3. Transfer to a serving bowl.  Sprinkle with paprika, if desired.
Calories
564.26
Fat (grams)
30.00
Sat. Fat (grams)
8.44
Carbs (grams)
25.15
Fiber (grams)
3.96
Net carbs
21.19
Sugar (grams)
15.83
Protein (grams)
46.80
Sodium (milligrams)
3647.97
Cholesterol (grams)
783.60
Created using The Recipes Generator







10 comments:

  1. We both are brilliant aren't we =) I love the combo of egg salad and smoked salmon. Your local salmon looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karen, it was a great combo...and I am pleased to bask in your brilliance.

      Delete
  2. I love this for lunch, brunch or an appetizer! Perfect app for Easter too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks amazing, and sounds fantastic! I love that you used the smoked salmon! The flavor must be incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm pretty confident that my husband would eat this whole bowl. He loves smoked salmon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks fabulous. I really wish I liked salmon. It sounds so good. Maybe I can sub some smoked trout!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.