So I was at the grocers and they were featuring a California wine from Magistrate. I read the label which proclaims this wine to be a very limited bottling and warning that once it was gone you wouldn't be able to get anymore. They recommended that you try it and then come back and stock your cellar.
I was pretty confident that this would be a good bottle for the price. It was on sale for about $10 which makes it very affordable for an every day, casual sip.
It was a beautiful deep color and contained a lot of spice on the nose. It was smooth and we enjoyed it enough that we will buy it again for as long as the production lasts.
We normally drink wine with every dinner. Even when it is just hotdogs which is what we had the evening I opened this wine. Amy and Chuck's father used to call hotdogs "tube steaks" when they would ask what we were having for dinner. I think of that every time I make hotdogs. LOL
The next time I was at the grocers I picked up a bottle of the Cabernet from Magistrate. That evening we grilled steaks. It was a wonderful pairing as well. But then Cab and Steak are one of my favorite flavor profiles.
Last time I was at the grocers I picked up a bottle of the Magistrate Chardonnay. We haven't paired that yet but I will let you know.
I want to thank Lori of Dracaena for choosing such a great theme. Stop by and take a look at her Preview Post. Lori's winery is also located in Paso Robles where the Magistrate is produced. I'm hoping that she can shed some more light on this winery during our twitter chat today at 11 AM ET. Please join us by following #winePW.
Now let's go see what the others found to share with this "M" theme......
- Jeff Burrows of FoodWineClick will be discussing "M" is for Marselan
- Jill Barth of L'OCCASION explains Monterey Wines For Summertime
- Camilla Mann of Culinary Adventures with Camilla enjoyed M is for Mourvèdre with Maple-Glazed Duck Legs
- Cindy of Grape Experiences enjoyed an evening Wine and Dine: La Mora Favorites with Margherita Flatbread
- Lauren of The Swirling Dervish is chatting about Dry Muscat from Málaga and Pork Paella
- David of Cooking Chat enjoyed Asiago Lemon Spaghetti with Malagousia Wine from Greece
- Wendy of A Day in the Life on the Farm celebrated In the Merry Merry Month of May I Met Magistrate Merlot
- Gwendolyn of Wine Predator decided M is for Manchego: 8 Wines, 4 Countries, 3 Continents #WinePW
- Nicole on Somm's Table is Cooking to the Wine: Recanati Marawi with Black Cod and Papaya-Cucumber Salad
- Lisa, The Wine Chef paired Roast Chicken With Moorooduc Estate Pinot Noir From The Mornington Peninsula - The Best Australian Wine Region You've Never Heard Of #WinePW
- Lori of Dracaena Wines shares #WinePW Meets #Winephabet Street; M is for Moscatel