Friday, May 11, 2018

One Week until Vacation and the Weekly Menu

We are counting down to vacation here.  Next Saturday we leave for a dive trip to Granada.  This is a new island for us and I'm looking forward to it.

We thought that the remodel would be relatively complete by the time we left.  Now it's not looking so promising.  Every time the roofer pulls off a board from the roof he finds that the next board is also bad.  He has one last section to replace and then he can get on with the shingling and putting the new roof onto the addition.

Once he is done with that the carpenter can get back to the drywall installation.  But first the fireplace install needs to be completed.  Hopefully that is happening today.

So that is our hope now.  That we get to the point that the drywall is up and ready for painting when we return home.  Once the painting is done, the floor can be installed and then we just need to get the pantry built and the cupboards installed.

In other news, Frank bought me 5 fruit trees for our Anniversary.  I bought another with money I had been given by our daughter, Nicole, for that purpose last mother's day.  So today, all 6 trees are being planted. I have 2 apple, 2 pear, a sweet cherry and a plum.  Next year I hope to add a peach and prune plum to the mix.  I'm excited.  I have missed my fruit trees.

Tomorrow, we are participating in a 5K with Amy and Doug.  It was supposed to be a run but, yeah, that didn't happen so now it is a walk.  Better than sitting around anyway.  After the race walk, we are meeting Jessica and Melody for Mother's Day Brunch.  Then we will all be going to my nephew, Jake's, graduation/going away party.  He finished school in the Upper Peninsula last week and leaves for a new job in Miami next week....serious culture shock in store for him.  From the northern most point of the continental US to the southern most.

Sunday we sing at Mass and then it should be a pretty quiet day, perhaps some gardening will get done.

The rest of the week is typical.  Meetings at church on Monday and Aunt Irene's on Tuesday.  Choir practice has been moved to Wednesday.  I'll attend immediately after Food Pantry.  We are having friends over for dinner on Thursday.  Friday will be spent packing and early to bed.  Our flight is at 6 am which means we will leave here about 3 am for the airport.

Image result for gotta eat

But we gotta eat....so here is the Weekly Menu.


Saturday
Race, Brunch, Party

Sunday
Frank is making me dinner....I'll let you know

Monday
BBQ Chicken
Potato Salad
Cole Slaw

Tuesday
Carry out at Aunt Irene's

Wednesday
Dinner out after Pantry/Choir

Thursday-Friends for Dinner
Cheese and Fruit Board
Grilled Italian Sausage Sandwiches with Peppers and Onions
Antipasto Pasta Salad
Peach Bundt Cake

Friday
Grilled Tuna Steak
Garlic Green Beans
New Potatoes tossed in Olive Oil





2 comments:

  1. Hi..love your blog!I noticed a peach bundt cake your making.It sounds yummy.Is it already on your blog? I would love to plant some fruit trees but keeping the animals away would prob be a full time job! Lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. I will be posting the Peach Bundt Cake on Thursday, May 17th. That post will include links to many other cakes from a group to which I belong called Bundt Bakers. Please stop by and see what we are sharing.

      Delete

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.