Some of you may know that on Tuesday and Wednesday we keep our granddaughter and our house becomes toddler centered for these 2 days each week. Our dinners on Tuesday have come to be known as Toddler Tuesdays when I cook food that is toddler friendly.
Melody's favorite food in the world is noodles. I decided to make her some Thai Inspired Noodles. Peanut Butter and Noodles, what more could a toddler want?
Dinner doesn't get much easier than this. Simply boil the noodles adding the precut and packaged veggies during the last one minute of cooking.
While the noodles are cooking, mix together the peanut butter, soy sauce, chili sauce, garlic and ginger. Drain the noodles and vegetables, retaining 1 c. of the cooking water to mix with the peanut mixture.
Toss it together with the noodles and veggies and dinner is served. Our toddler loved this on a Tuesday. No toddler? Go ahead and enjoy this on a Meatless Monday or turn Tuesday into Thai Tuesday just for fun.
Thai Inspired Noodles
1/2 c. smooth peanut butter
2 T. soy sauce
1/2 T. garlic paste
1/2 T. ginger paste
1 T. sweet chili sauce
1 (11 oz) pkg. Stir Fry Veggies
1 (8 oz) pkg. Lo Mein Noodles
Bring a large pot of salted water to boil. Add the noodles and cook per package directions, during the last minute of cooking add the veggies to the boiling water with the noodles.
While the noodles cook, stir together the peanut butter, soy sauce, garlic, ginger and chili sauce.
Drain the noodles and veggies, retaining 1 cup of the cooking water. Return the water to the pan along with the peanut butter mixture. Stir together until smooth and melted. Add the pasta and veggies to the pan and toss to coat with the sauce. Print Recipe
More Recipes Celebrating Peanut Butter
- 3 Healthy Peanut Butter Smoothies by Bear & Bug Eats
- Chicken Satay with Spicy Peanut Dipping Sauce by Everyday Eileen
- Marshmallow Peanut Butter Cookies by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Balls by The Freshman Cook
- E.T. Cookies by Karen's Kitchen Stories
- Easy Peanut Butter & Chocolate Swirled Fudge by Cookaholic Wife
- Easy Peanut Butter and Banana Croissants by Jonesin' For Taste
- Fluffernutter Macaron by A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures
- My Family's Favorite Peanut Butter Cookie (recipe remake) by Family Around the Table
- No Bake Peanut Butter Cup Pie by Soulfully Made
- Nutter Butter Ice Cream Cone Cookies by Amy's Cooking Adventures
- Peanut Butter & Chocolate Chip Granola Squares by Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice
- Peanut Butter and Jelly Smoothie Bowl by Simple and Savory
- Peanut Butter Banana Overnight Oatmeal by Frugal Pantry
- Peanut Butter Cream Cheese Spread by Cindy's Recipes and Writings
- Peanut Butter Mocha Cupcakes by Strawberry Blondie Kitchen
- Peanut Butter Mousse Parfaits by The Redhead Baker
- Honey Peanut Butter Popcorn by The Gingered Whisk
- Peanut Butter Snowballs by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Peanut Ginger Pasta by Jolene's Recipe Journal
- Thai Inspired Noodles by A Day in the Life on the Farm