Being as it is the start of a New Year and many of us resolve to try to eat more healthily, I was thrilled to open up a flyer from my local grocer and find this recipe for Butternut Squash Pizzettas.
While these taste absolutely nothing like pizza, they are adorable and crazily delicious. They are a great finger food and make a great addition to the often calorie laden fare normally found at game day parties.
Include these at your next gathering and watch the pleasure on your guests faces when they realize they can enjoy something other than the carrot and celery sticks on the snack table.
I made these in two steps, roasting the butternut squash earlier in the day and then topping the rounds and putting them in the oven shortly before my guests were to arrive.
Butternut Squash Pizzettas
adapted from Kroger
2 T. pine nuts, toasted
1 butternut squash
2 T. pesto, homemade or purchased
2 T. grated parmesan cheese
Cut the stem and bulb from a butternut squash. Discard the stem and reserve the bulb to be peeled, seeded and used in another application.
Peel the neck and slice into 1/4" rounds. Place onto a baking sheet that has been lined with a silicone mat or parchment paper. Bake in a preheated 400* oven for 15 minutes, flip rounds over and bake for another 15-20 minutes, until tender.
Remove from oven. Top each round with pesto and then sprinkle with cheese. Divide the pine nuts between the rounds and return to the oven for about 5 minutes, until cheese is melted and bubbly.
Let cool a few minutes before serving warm or at room temperature. Print Recipe
More Fabulous Football Foods
- Bacon Jalapeno Palm Poppers by Palatable Pastime
- Baked Coconut Shrimp with Spicy Orange Dipping Sauce by Everyday Eileen
- Buffalo Chicken Taquitos by The Redhead Baker
- Butternut Squash Pizzettas by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Cheese Chili Tots by Frugal Pantry
- Cheeseburger Bombs by Cookaholic Wife
- Cheesy Buffalo Chicken Lasagna by Cooking With Carlee
- Chipotle Peach Meatballs by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Fiesta Ranch Crispy Baked Wings by A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures
- Fried Chicken Sliders by Strawberry Blondie Kitchen
- Ham and Swiss Sliders by Family Around The Table
- Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken Dip by Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
- Instant Pot Cheesy Southwestern Spinach Dip by Kate's Recipe Box
- Mini Zucchini Pizzas by Jolene's Recipe Journal
- Philly Steak Appetizer by The Freshman Cook
- Slow Cooker Chicken Taco Chili by Karen's Kitchen Stories
- Texas Trash Party Mix by Amy's Cooking Adventures
- Tomatillo and Pork Chili by Simple and Savory
- Warm White Bean Dip by Bear & Bug Eats