Join us as we share #WarmUpDrinks this winter...........
Ellen of Family Around the Table has invited the members of Festive Foodies to post Winter Warm Up Drinks on the first 6 Fridays of 2019.
When we were on vacation in Granada the resort offered a course on local products. One of the products of which they spoke was soursop fruit. Soursop is purported to contain wonderful healing properties. These include inflammation of the nose and throat, stress relief, weight loss, treatment for infection or parasites and even treatment for cancer.
It is important to note that the use of soursop for the treatment of cancer has not been proven and is not endorsed. It is also important to note that soursop should not be used during pregnancy or if you are on medication for high blood pressure.
I left the course with several tea bags that were provided as a sample. They have been in my cupboard and pretty much forgotten. Then I was feeling a little punk one day and I decided a hot toddy was in order. I came across the soursop tea and decided to give it a try.
I don't know if it was the tea, or if any non caffeinated tea would have done just as well, but I did find myself feeling better and getting a good night's rest after enjoying this hot toddy before bedtime.
#hotdrinks, #tea, #soursop, #cocktails, #hottoddy
Yield: 1 cupPin it
Warm and soothing this tea made from soursop fruit and flavored with honey, cinnamon whiskey and lemon is a wonderful way to sooth your soul.
prep time: 7 minscook time: total time: 7 mins
- 1 soursop tea bag
- juice from one wedge of lemon
- 1 T. honey
- 1 shot cinnamon whiskey
- boiling water
- Pour the boiling water into a mug, add the tea bag and let steep for 4-5 minutes.
- Remove the tea bag and stir in the honey, lemon juice and cinnamon whiskey.
- Serve steaming hot.
Research Soursop Fruit prior to making this tea. Do not use Soursop if pregnant or taking medication for high blood pressure. Soursop has not been proven effective for the treatment of cancer.
Property of A Day in the Life on the Farm
Created using The Recipes Generator
- An Old Fashioned by Books n’ Cooks
- Gingerbread Smoothie by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Malted Hot Cocoa by Our Good Life
- Masala Chai by Palatable Pastime
- Salted Nutella Latte by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Soursop Soother by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Vegan Date-Sweetened Hot Cocoa by The Baking Fairy
- Winter White Hot Chocolate by Family Around the Table