Friday, April 21, 2017

Shrimp Fried Rice #FishFridayFoodies

Welcome to Fish Friday Foodies.  This fun group gets together on the third Friday of each month to share a fish/seafood recipe based on a theme chosen by one of our members.  This month, our friend, Karen of Karen's Kitchen Stories asked us all to share One Pan Dinners, saying "Fish Friday for April is One Pan Dinners. Sheet pans, Dutch ovens, skillets, or casserole dishes. Make a meal with fish that can be prepared in just one pan, and perfect for the busy cook."
.



If you would like to join Fish Friday Foodies just leave a comment below with your blog name and email address.  Next month Cam of Culinary Adventures with Camilla is hosting "Marinated and Raw".

Who doesn't love One Pan Dinners?  They are easy to throw together, delightfully delicious and clean up is a snap.  Perfect for a Friday night.....Let the weekend begin!!

One of my favorite ways to create One Pan Meals is in my wok.  I love making stir fry.  They are quick, easy and great way to use up whatever ingredients are on hand.  You can use any vegetables, any meat and serve it with rice or noodles or just as is with some sweet dinner rolls.

Today, I am using up some rice that was leftover from a meal earlier in the week.  When making fried rice, you want to start with rice that is at least a day old.  I wanted to make this meal even simpler so I used a package of frozen mixed vegetables instead of chopping up a mixture of fresh.  I had dinner on the table in less than half an hour.  Now that is the way to start a weekend!


Shrimp Fried Rice

12 oz. large raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
2 T. peanut oil
4 scallions, white and light green, sliced
1 1/2 t. garlic paste
1 t. ginger paste
2 c. leftover rice, chilled
3 T. low sodium soy sauce
2 eggs, beaten
1 (4 serving) package frozen mixed vegetables

Place 1 T. of oil in the bottom of a wok placed over med high heat.  When oil shimmers, add the shrimp.  Cook and stir until the shrimp turn pink.  Remove to a plate and set aside.

Add the remaining oil to the wok with the scallions, garlic and ginger.  Cook and stir until fragrant about 30 seconds. Add the rice and stir to coat.  Cook for a minute or two until rice starts to crisp. Stir in the soy sauce and cook, stirring until absorbed.  Push the rice to the side and add the eggs to the wok.  Scramble the eggs, incorporating the rice into the mixture, until eggs are set.  Add the frozen vegetables and reserved shrimp.  Cook and stir until warmed throughout.  Print Recipe



More Amazing One Pan Dinners






14 comments:

  1. I love a good fried rice - sounds tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmmm! I love fried rice! I want some now. P~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fried rice is such a great dinner. I have a recipe that I use often, but your sounds good! I will have to try it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know what you think should you try it Cynthia. Enjoy.

      Delete
  4. Love fried rice! We'd substitute chicken because Harley doesn't like shrimp! Crazy girl��

    ReplyDelete
  5. Using a wok is perfect for the theme! Your recipe sounds delicious and easy! Yay Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wendy, I'm so hungry right now that I could just jump into the computer screen and scarf this all down. It looks and sounds perfect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One of these days we will probably be able to transport like that Colleen and when we can there will always be room at our table.

      Delete
  7. Wendy ! Shrimp Fried Rice is too tempting and irresistible.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.