Sunday, April 9, 2017

Frutti Di Mare for #SundaySupper

Claire of Sprinkles and Sprouts invited us all to join her this week to share our Best Sunday Supper Seafood recipes.


So I decided to share with you one of my favorite meals.  How can you improve on a mixture of mussels, clams, calamari, and shrimp?   Toss them with pasta!  This delicious dish, translated to Fruits of the Sea, is elegant enough to serve to guests, comforting enough to serve to family and quick enough to serve during the week.



To make life even easier, the last time I was at my fishmonger I found this package of seafood mix in the freezer department.  It was only $3.99.  That means I made this dish for about $5 and it was ready in the time it takes to boil the pasta.  I order this in restaurants all the time normally at a price tag of around $20.

This package was the perfect size for 1 large serving or two small servings.  Perfect if you are cooking for just one or two as I so often find myself doing these days.  I got to eat this entire thing because my husband is not a seafood fan.  When I made this for my dinner it was easy to make extra pasta and a quick alfredo sauce for him.


Frutti Di Mare

2-4 oz. fettuccine noodles, cooked per package directions
1 pkg. frozen seafood mix or assorted seafood of your choosing
1 T. olive oil
2 cloves garlic, smashed
1/2 c. dry white wine
pinch of crushed red pepper

Heat olive oil and garlic together in a large skillet over med high heat. Add the frozen seafood mix and white wine.  Cook and stir for 5 or 6 minutes, until shellfish open and seafood is heated through and liquid is slightly reduced.  Add the pasta to the pan and toss until warmed through.  Plate and serve.

More Super Seafood for Sunday Supper


25+ Best Sunday Supper Seafood Recipes

Appetizers

Main Dishes


Sunday Supper MovementJoin the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.

6 comments:

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.