Monday, January 30, 2017

Basic Banana Muffins #MuffinMonday

I quit buying bananas when I was on the FMD eating plan.  Bananas and grapes are not included in the long list of approved foods.  I missed bananas at first but then forgot about them.  Frank must not have forgotten about them because while I was in California a couple of weeks ago, he bought some. They were sitting on the counter when I got home.  He had used them with his cereal and I made us smoothies and added them to the mixture but, as always, there were a couple that didn't get used before they got over-ripe.


I had 2 bananas which is the perfect amount for 6 muffins.  This is a basic banana muffin.  It is easily adaptable to whatever add in you like.  I often add cinnamon.  I like nuts but Frank is not big on nuts in his baked goods.  Sometimes I throw in a handful of mini chocolate chips or dried cherries.  The possibilities are endless.  I think peanut butter might be delicious....perhaps next month....


Basic Banana Muffins

1 c. flour
1/2 c. sugar
1 t. baking powder
dash of salt
1 egg, beaten
1/2 c. milk
2 T. canola oil
1/2 t. vanilla
2 ripe bananas, mashed

Combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a med, bowl.  Make a well in the center.  Combine the egg, milk, oil, vanilla and bananas in another bowl. Pour egg mixture into the well and stir just until moistened.  Divide batter between 6 muffin cups that have been treated with cooking spray.  Bake in a preheated 400* oven for 20 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the center removes cleanly.  Print Recipe
 #MuffinMonday is a group of muffin loving bakers who get together once a month to bake muffins. You can see all our of lovely muffins by following our Pinterest board.

Updated links for all of our past events and more information about Muffin Monday, can be found on our home page.


9 comments:

  1. Nothing beats a basic banana muffins made with lovely ripe bananas, Wendy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had banana muffins here last week! I used to throw my leftover bananas in the freezer. But there are never any left when you have teens in the house!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love small batch baking. What a perfect way to use the leftover bananas, and I love all of your ideas for add ins.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We made banana muffins just last week! I love how versatile banana bread recipes can be.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know Lauren....you can start with the basic recipe and then the sky is the limit.

      Delete

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.