Monday, November 21, 2016

Roasted Brussels Sprouts and Cranberries #Cranberry Week

Welcome to #CranberryWeek, hosted by Caroline of  Caroline's Cooking and Christie of A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures. We are sharing cranberry-inspired creations all week long in celebration of National Cranberry Day.

Did you even know that National Cranberry Day was a thing??  There are National holidays for nearly everything you can imagine, including tart, delicious cranberries.  I am a huge cranberry fan using them in desserts like this Cranberry Cocoa Tart, for breakfast as in these Banana Cranberry Muffins and in dinners.  Try this amazing one pot Braised Chicken with Cranberries.

So, needless to say, I was very excited when Caroline and Christie invited me to join in the fun this week.  I am sharing a new recipe with you each day that you can combine to make one huge cranberry feast or that you can spread out over the holidays to impress your family and guests.


This easy peasy and delicious vegetable dish is the perfect accompaniment for your holiday dinner. Roasting tones down the brussels sprouts and sweetens up the cranberries making them the perfect pairing.



What could be easier than tossing them with some good olive oil, sea salt and freshly ground pepper and placing them in the oven along with whatever protein you are serving?  Easily adaptable, whether you are feeding 2 or 22. These "little cabbages" as my kids used to call them are sure to please whoever is sitting at your table.

Don't forget to scroll down after my recipe to see the other amazing Cranberry Creations!

Roasted Brussels Sprouts and Cranberries

Brussels Sprouts, allow 5-6 per person, halved if large so all pieces are uniform
Cranberries, an equal amount to brussels sprouts
Good Olive Oil
Sea Salt
Freshly Ground Pepper

Place brussels sprouts and cranberries in an appropriately sized baking dish so that they are able to lay flat without crowding.  Drizzle with olive oil, season with salt and pepper and roast in a preheated 400* oven for 20-30 minutes, until brussels sprouts are starting to brown and caramelize and the cranberries soften and start to burst.  

You can roast at lower temperature if you have other items roasting in your oven, just simply adjust the cooking time.




Search #CranberryWeek to keep up to date and follow the #CranberryWeek Pinterest board for more cranberry inspiration. But first, see all the other cranberry recipes being shared today:

14 comments:

  1. Such a great combination! I have Brussies on my menu for this week and was thinking of pairing them with cranberries. You have me convinced!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This dish looks absolutely divine! Love Brussels sprouts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds delicious, roasted Brussels sprouts are so good and I'm sure cranberries work really well in there too. Thanks for joining in the #CranberryWeek fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love roasted brussel sprouts. I would have never thought to add cranberries but now I can't wait to give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a festive side dish! I know it'd be a hit around here.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.