I am serving up dessert today. A perfect ending to a perfect Cranberry Feast. This recipe was sent to me by my friend, Linda, and I adapted it to fit in with our Cranberry theme. I made this quite a while back and took it to a church function for which I provided dinner. It was a huge hit and not a bite was left. This easy and tasty cake would be a perfect addition to your Thanksgiving dessert menu.
The tartness of the cranberries complement the rich spiciness of this pumpkin cake perfectly. It is moist with a tender crumb. It contains all the wonderful Fall flavors that you associate with Thanksgiving and this time of year.
It takes less time to throw this cake together than it does to preheat the oven. Within an hour your cake is cooling and awaiting dinner to be served.
Search #CranberryWeek to keep up to date and follow the #CranberryWeek Pinterest board for more cranberry inspiration. But first, see all the other cranberry recipes being shared today, following below mine.
Pumpkin Dump Cake with Cranberries
adapted from Linda Tye
1 (29 oz) can pumpkin puree
1 (12 oz) can evaporated milk
1 c. sugar
1 t. salt
3 t. cinnamon
1 boxed yellow cake mix
1 c. fresh cranberries
3/4 c. butter, melted
Combine pumpkin, milk, eggs, sugar, salt, cinnamon and cake mix in a large bowl. Stir in fresh cranberries. Pour into a 9x13" baking pan that has been treated with baking spray. Drizzle with the melted butter and bake in a preheated 350* oven for 50 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the center, removes cleanly. Print Recipe
Thank you for joining us this week. It was fun. Now let's see what the others brought today!
- Cranberry Apple Sauce from Cooking With Carlee
- Cranberry Bliss Bars from Palatable Pastime
- Cranberry Cheesecake Brownies by The Bitter Side of Sweet
- Cranberry Cheesecake Dream Bars from Life Currents
- Cranberry Grains Power Bowl from Cindy's Recipes and Writings
- Cranberry Streusel Bread from Hostess At Heart
- Maple Cranberry Sauce from Cricket's Confections
- Pumpkin Dump Cake with Cranberries from A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Roasted Cranberry Bourbon Crush from Take Two Tapas
- Savory Cranberry and Cheese Tart from Caroline’s Cooking
- Tuna Salad with Cranberries from Sew You Think You Can Cook