Monday, I shared a recipe for Brussels Sprouts with Cranberries that would be a great side for your Turkey dinner. I love hosting Thanksgiving and gathering around the table with family and friends. I spend a lot of time on my menu, desiring the dinner to be a relaxed and happy time for everyone present.
We will have fruit, nut and cheese platters set out for our guests to enjoy with cocktails before dinner is served. When we are seated and have thanked God for all the many blessings we have enjoyed throughout the year, dinner will start with soup and salad, followed by this wonderful sorbet that I am sharing with you today. When serving a formal dinner, I like to offer a sorbet before the entree to cleanse the palate and prepare the guests for the main event...in this case...Roast Turkey with all the trimmings.
This sorbet is easy and quick enough that you can serve it up tomorrow at your own Thanksgiving Feast. Whatever your Holiday plans, I hope that you have a wonderful day and I look forward to seeing you on Friday when I return with my final #CranberryWeek recipe.
Don't forget to stop by and see the other great cranberry inspired recipes that the group is sharing. You will find the links following this recipe.
Mixed Berry Sorbet
1/2 c. freshly squeezed orange juice
1/2" piece fresh ginger root, peeled and quartered
3/4 c. sugar
1 (12 oz) pkg. fresh or frozen cranberries
3 c. frozen mixed berries with kale, partially thawed
1/2 c mint leaves
1/2 t. cinnamon
1/2 t. pumpkin pie spice
1 1/2 c. ice cubes
Place all ingredients in into a heavy duty blender or food processor and puree until smooth. Transfer to a freezer container and place in freezer. Remove from freezer 15-20 minutes before serving. Print Recipe
More Cranberry Inspired Recipes
- Braised Short Ribs with Hoisin-Cranberry Sauce and Asian Coleslaw from Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Cranberry & Cornbread Stuffed Pork Chops from Books n' Cooks
- Cranberry Borscht from Palatable Pastime
- Cranberry Glazed Pork Loin from Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Cranberry Lemon Curd Tart (No Bake, GF) from Caroline’s Cooking
- Cranberry London Broil from Cindy's Recipes and Writings
- Cranberry Mustard from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Cranberry Vanilla Bean Donuts from Hostess At Heart
- Grilled Brie with Cranberries from Full Belly Sisters
- Honey Roasted Orange Ricotta Crostini from Take Two Tapas
- Orange Cranberry Turnovers by The Bitter Side of Sweet
- Panko Crusted Chicken with Maple Cranberry Sauce from Family Around The Table
- Sweet Heat Cranberry Spread from Cooking With Carlee