Saturday, January 17, 2015

The Fifth Man

I awoke at 3 am last night and having finished Fall of the Giants and since my phone wasn't charged and since I didn't feel like getting out of bed I started a new book.


I have never read Jame LePore before although this is not his first book.  At only 177 pages it was a quick read and it kept my interest enough that I stayed awake for quite a while in the middle of the night and then finished it this afternoon.  It kinda reminded me of the tv series Dexter because I found myself rooting for the bad guys.  Of course, there were no good guys....there were bad guys and worst guys so the bad guys were actually the good guys.  I have a feeling that the family introduced in the book, who has mafia ties on both sides, is going to return in subsequent novels.  They engaged me enough that I will check back to see how they are doing if/when the next novel appears.

Now I am starting What Alice Forgot by Liane Moriarty.  It is about getting a "do over" for your life. I have often wondered if I would take a "do over" if I could but always come to the conclusion that I couldn't change a thing because that, in turn, would change everything and I am pretty happy with my life as is.

2 comments:

  1. Hope you enjoy What Alice Forgot. I liked it....but I think I have some things about my life I would change...maybe. Maybe not?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kind of like a double edged sword I think. So far I am finding What Alice Forgot fascinating.

      Delete

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.