Thursday, November 20, 2014

Pumpkin Spice Bundt Cake for #BundtBakers

Welcome to November's edition of #BundtBakers.  Our host this month is Lauren of From Gate to Plate.  I am extremely pleased to be a part of Lauren's group for several reasons....first of all, Lauren, is a farm girl so you know that get's me excited, and she loves to cook so we have that in common too.  But the main reason I am excited that Lauren is hosting this month is that the ingredient she chose for this month's challenge is....

Are you ready?

Booze

So now you know that Lauren and I are really kindred spirits...animals, sustainable living, cooking, baking and booze....we are destined to blog together!!!

During #PumpkinWeek last month the last recipe I made was Pumpkin Pie Martini's.  They were delicious and I had gone out and purchased 2 different liqueurs with which to make it.  So this month, when Lauren announced the secret ingredient, my mind immediately went back to those Martinis and the liqueur that was still in the bar.

This cake is perfect for those holiday gatherings.  It can be made ahead of time and as long as it is kept in an airtight container tastes better a couple of days after it was baked than it does on day one. This frees you up on the day of your gathering to concentrate on dinner, knowing that dessert is ready and waiting.



Pumpkin Spice Bundt Cake

3/4 c. butter, softened
2 1/4 c. flour
2 t. baking powder
1 t. baking soda
1 t. cinnamon
1/4 t. each, ginger, cloves and nutmeg
1/2 t. salt
1 1/4 c. pumpkin puree
3/4 c. Pumpkin Spice Cream Liqueur
1 t. vanilla
1 1/4 c. sugar
3 eggs

3 T. Pumpkin Spice Cream Liqueur
1 1/2 c. powdered sugar

Spray Bundt Cake Pan liberally with baking spray.  Preheat oven to 350*.

Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, spices and salt in a med bowl.   Whisk together the pumpkin, Cream Liqueur and vanilla in another bowl.

Beat the butter and sugar together in the bowl of a stand mixer affixed with the paddle attachment until light and fluffy.  Add eggs beating well after each.  Reduce speed to low and alternate adding the flour and pumpkin mixtures until all is incorporated and batter is smooth.

Spoon into pan and bake for 40-50 minutes, until a skewer inserted into the cake comes out clean.  Cool cake in pan on rack for 15 minutes before inverting onto the rack and cooling for another 10 minutes.

While cake is cooling, whisk together the Cream Liqueur and powdered sugar, creating a glaze.  If glaze is too thick add more liqueur, 1 t. at a time until it reaches desired consistency.  Drizzle glaze over cake.  Print Recipe



Here is what the rest of the gang brought to the table today.


36 comments:

  1. I never seen this licour, it sounds great :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds as amazing as all your recipes are!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum, this looks absolutely delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks absolutely WONDERFUL!! Perfect for fall, and so pretty too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Wendy, This sounds like a wonderful bundt....perfect for this time of year. My daughter would love this especially since pumpkin is her favorite. xo, Catherine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Catherine, I seem to have pumpkin on the brain over the holidays.

      Delete
  6. I knew there'd be a pumpkin cake in the group somewhere! Beautiful bundt.

    ReplyDelete
  7. ohh !!! It's absolutely delicious , I love the pumpkin cake
    I want to go to the farm with you

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope you aren't close to those horrendous snow storms that I am hearing about on the news. Stay safe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, not anywhere near all that mess. My prayers go out to all of those on the east coast. Here we just have cold and blustery snow. Thanks for the good thoughts Paula

      Delete
  9. That looks picture perfect to curl up by the fire and have a slice of that delicious looking bundt!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful bundt cake and a perfect example of why I love group baking. You always learn something knew and exciting, like your pumpkin liqueur, never heard of it before. P.s gorgeous cake stand

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jelena and the cake stand was quite inexpensive from Zuilly. I saw it and fell in love.

      Delete
  11. I've never seen the pumpkin spice liqueur before so will have to try and find some as your cake is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really need to find that liqueur. I have never seen it before.
    What a great addition to the cake. And I love pumpkin cake already anyway....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found it in my local grocers. It shouldn't be hard to find, especially this time of year.

      Delete
  13. Yummy!!! Love your bundt!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great idea to use Liqueur, This is beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. How unusual, I've never heard of that liquer before. Looks like a great cake.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They carry it in our local grocery store this time of year. The cake was really good, much better the day following baking day.

      Delete
  16. I need to find some of that liquer!! This sounds amazing! PINNED!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is amazing Kelly. You should be able to find it this time of year.

      Delete

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.