Friday, September 18, 2020

My Angel Face is turning 6 and the Weekly Menu

Our Little Miss turns six years old tomorrow.  6!!!  How did that happen?  Wasn't she only born yesterday?

Girl doing school work

Here she is being homeschooled during this Pandemic as her puppy, Nutella, patiently waits for her to finish her studies so they can play.

She is so much fun.  I love watching her grow into such a bright, sweet and kind child.  She is something else.  Her mama is having a birthday dinner for her and we, unfortunately, cannot attend.  The Teen's Godparents are getting married and the wedding is tomorrow.

So next Sunday night we are having family dinner so we can celebrate the Angel Face's birthday with her.  She is coming over Friday night and staying for the weeked.  It is the first overnight we have had with her since the accident so we are all very excited.

I called her and asked what she wanted for her birthday dinner.  She wants mashed potatoes and gravy, spaghetti and meatballs, roasted broccoli and strawberry cake.  Of course, that is exactly what I will make for her.  But since Halloween is approaching I decided to spice things up a little bit.  So next week's Weekly Menu is going to be very exciting.

Nothing on the schedule for this week other than food pantry. On the blog we are celebrating Pumpkin Week and I have a lot of great recipes to share. 

Speaking of spooky food....tomorrow I am sharing a Beef Tongue Stew that I served up with a French Wine.  What an amazing dinner that was!!  Make sure you stop by and check it out.  It would be a fun Halloween Dinner.

So here is our Weekly Menu, including the special spooky dinner for the Angel Face.  Have a great weekend!!

Saturday
Wedding Reception

Sunday
Pork Larb
Sticky Rice
Stir Fry Vegetables

Meatless Monday
Wild Mushroom Pizza with Caramelized Onions

Taco Tuesday
Black Bean Quesadillas

Wednesday
Sarmale (Moldovan Cabbage Rolls)
Sourdough Pumpernickel Rolls

Thursday
Eggplant Parmesan

Fish Friday
Lobster BLT's
Sweet Potato Fries







2 comments:

  1. I love watching her grow up through your photos and stories!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bittersweet for me. She facetimed this morning and showed me all of her decorations and her cupcake pinata.

      Delete

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.