Saturday, October 12, 2019

Pot Roast Soup and the Weekly Menu

When planning my Weekly Menu I try to incorporate any leftovers into another meal during the week.  This Pot Roast Soup is the perfect way to enjoy that leftover pot roast as an entirely new dinner.


C'mon in.  I will share this great way to use leftovers and tell you what's on the Menu this week......

Earlier in the month I shared a wonderful Pot Roast with Apples and Onions.  I made this soup later that week with the leftovers but haven't had a chance to share it until now.  One of the things I like best about making a Weekly Menu is that I can plan for leftovers and make a meal for another night.

Weekly Menus are especially helpful if you live a busy life.  I had forgotten how busy life gets when you have a teenager in the house but I am reminded every. single. day.  

Tonight is the Homecoming Dance, I will be sharing photos later in the week.  Prior to realizing that this was the weekend for Homecoming, I had signed the 3 of us up for a 5K in honor of an officer who had been killed in the line of duty.  That's not happening for us now but I don't mind because it is for such a good cause.  Amy, Doug, and our TC grands, Lil and Spence are all running and will pick up our shirts.  We will be doing hair, makeup, getting dressed and having photos.  Then we will be playing taxi for dinner and then to the dance.

While the Teen and her beau are at the dance, the TC grands are coming over to go on a haunted hayride with us.  Then we will light the bonfire and wait for the Teens to get done at the dance and join us.  This means that Frank and I get to go on 2 haunted hayrides this year because next weekend the Teen and her friends want to go.

Sunday the Teen has her first driver's training on the road.  Frank has been working with her but she is still pretty nervous.  After her drive we will head over to our church for the Parish Harvest Dinner.  After we eat we are scheduled for the last hour of dining room duty and clean up afterwards.

Monday starts #Choctoberfest and I will be sharing recipes for this and other events going on.  We are meeting Nic and Pierre for lunch on Monday, it seems as if we haven't seen them in forever.  Other than that the week is pretty typical except for the Teen's driving lessons and Parent Teacher Conferences.  The Teen has no school on Thursday or Friday this week.

So here is the Weekly Menu.  I will be sharing the Pot Roast Soup recipe immediately afterwards.

Saturday-TC Grands
Pork and Bean Chili
Corn Bread
S'mores by the Fire Pit

Sunday
Harvest Dinner at Church

Meatless Monday
Moroccan Lentil Soup

Taco Tuesday
Turkey Nachos with Cranberry Salsa

Wednesday
Green Bean Stew

Thursday-Brinner
Mushroom Toasts with Poached Eggs

Fish Friday
Arugula and Shrimp Pizza




#leftovers, #beefroast, #soup, #beef, #vegetables, #pasta,
Starting with Leftovers, Soup, Beef, Vegetable, Pasta
American
Yield: 8 Servings
Author:

Pot Roast Soup

When planning my Weekly Menu I try to incorporate any leftovers into another meal during the week. This Pot Roast Soup is the perfect way to enjoy that leftover pot roast as an entirely new dinner.
prep time: 10 Mcook time: 15 Mtotal time: 25 M

ingredients:

  • 1-2 c. leftover pot roast, cut into bite size pieces
  • 3/4 c. leftover gravy
  • 5 c. water
  • 1 c. beef broth
  • 1 (12 oz) pkg frozen vegetables
  • salt and pepper, to taste
  • 1 1/2 c. small pasta, I used ditalini

instructions:

How to cook Pot Roast Soup

  1. Place the gravy,  and water into a soup pot over med high heat.  Bring to a boil and add the pasta.  Cook for recommended time on package, until al dente.   Add the vegetables, broth and beef.   Cook until heated through.   Taste and season with salt and pepper, if needed.
Calories
134.96
Fat (grams)
4.54
Sat. Fat (grams)
1.57
Carbs (grams)
14.71
Fiber (grams)
1.42
Net carbs
13.29
Sugar (grams)
1.10
Protein (grams)
7.94
Sodium (milligrams)
321.98
Cholesterol (grams)
17.30
Created using The Recipes Generator




No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.