Tuesday, July 24, 2018

Watermelon Salad #KitchenMatrixCookingProject

Juicy chunks of watermelon tossed with feta, cucumbers and tomatoes and seasoned with mint makes the perfect summer side for your next get together.


Welcome to the Kitchen Matrix Cooking Project.  A couple of friends and I are cooking our way through the Kitchen Matrix Cookbook by Mark Bittman.



We are always happy to have new bloggers join in the fun and you don't have to own the cookbook.  You can do a web search and find nearly all of Bittman's recipes right on line.

This week we are looking at the section for Watermelon 12 Ways.  Bittman has his cookbook broken down by ingredient and then he gives you a bunch of ways in which to use said ingredient.  Not really recipes, as much as ideas.  I read, I get inspired and I create.

Today I am sharing a watermelon salad inspired by those in The Kitchen Matrix.  But first, let's look at what Cam and Karen are sharing.




And now for my recipe inspired by Bittman's Greek Style.  I substituted scallions for red onion because that was what I had on hand.  I omitted the parsley because I didn't have any and the olives because my hubby is not a fan.



#kitchenmatrixcookingproject, #watermelon, #salad, #fruit, #cucumber, #mint, #tomatoes
Salads, Sides, Fruit, Picnics, Backyard, Potluck
Fusion
Pin it

Watermelon Salad

Juicy chunks of watermelon tossed with feta, cucumbers and tomatoes and seasoned with mint makes the perfect summer side for your next get together.
prep time: 15 minscook time: total time: 15 mins

ingredients:

3 c. watermelon chunks
1 lg. tomato, seeded and diced
1 cucumber, peeled, seeded and diced
4 scallions, white and light green parts, sliced
1/3 c. feta cheese, crumbled
4-5 mint leaves, minced
olive oil to taste
red wine vinegar to taste
salt and pepper to taste

instructions

Combine the watermelon, tomatoes, cucumbers and scallions in a large bowl.  Add the cheese, mint, salt and pepper. Drizzle with a little extra virgin olive oil and red wine vinegar.  Gently toss to coat.

NOTES:

Inspired by the Kitchen Matrix Cookbook
Created using The Recipes Generator

6 comments:

  1. Great minds for sure! Those salads look delicious. I actually made a watermelon salad, too. Glad I saved it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This salad was so unexpectedly delicious wasn't it? I actually made it again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You make me realize that watermelon season is proceeding rapidly and I should do something about it!

    best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.