This super simple, three ingredient homemade ice cream is fun and easy to make. Grab your favorite toddler and make some summertime memories...…
July is National Ice Cream Month and we are having an Ice Cream Social...…
This party is being hosted by Jolene of Jolene's Recipe Journal. She asked us to share recipes that either made ice cream or used ice cream as an ingredient.
As luck would have it, shortly after being invited to this party, our son, Tony, provided us with some new flavors of his homemade jam. One of these jams was called Purple Haze. It was a Lavender Jam. I knew it was going to make an amazing ice cream.
So the Angel Face and I poured some milk and cream into a large bowl. Then we added the jam and gave it a whirl with the immersion blender until the jam was completely incorporated. That was it. Just 3 ingredients and 5 minutes time.
We poured it into the ice cream machine and let it churn for about 25 minutes, until it was the consistency of soft serve.
We placed it into a container and put it in the freezer for two days. Then, when, Melody and her Mama brought Julien's parents, who were visiting the USA from France, over for dinner on the 4th of July, we served up the Lavender Ice Cream for dessert.
It was a huge hit and it was even more delicious than I could have imagined. The only problem? In all the excitement of entertaining and finishing dinner, making coffee, serving dessert and freshening drinks....I forgot to take any photos. Sigh...….
Normally that wouldn't be a problem. I would just take photos the next day but folks.....there was not one little drop of ice cream left. Julien and Frank both had seconds and that took care of that.
Oh well, this recipe is so easy peasy I will be making more using all the different flavors of jam our son provides in his business, Tony's Sweet Eats. I will post photos of the finished product at that time.
Let's take a look at what the others brought to the Ice Cream Social today.
- Blueberry Ginger Ice Cream Floats by Cindy's Recipes and Writings
- Chocolate Bread Ice Cream Sundaes by Karen's Kitchen Stories
- Chocolate Ice Cream Sandwich Squares by Family Around the Table
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Ice Cream Sandwiches by The Redhead Baker
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Nice Cream by Simple and Savory
- Cookies and Cream Ice Cream Cake by Cooking with Carlee
- Grilled Pineapple Ice Cream by Caroline's Cooking
- Homemade Fresh Strawberry Ice Cream by Jolene's Recipe Journal
- Homemade Vanilla Ice Cream Sandwiches by Tip Garden
- No Churn Chocolate Toffee Ice Cream by Amy's Cooking Adventure
- No Churn Coffee Caramel Crunch Ice Cream by Hezzi-D'sBooks and Cooks
- No Churn Watermelon Swirl Ice Cream by Daily Dish Recipes
- Purple Haze Jam Ice Cream by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Roasted Watermelon-Fennel Ice Cream by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Triple Chocolate Ricotta Ice Cream by Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice
- Vietnamese Coffee Chocolate Chip Ice Cream by Books n' Cooks
#icecream, #festivefoodies, #desserts, #familyfun, #easy, #quick, #threeingredient, #jam,
ice cream, dessert
Yield: 8 servingsPin it
Jam Ice Cream
This super simple, three ingredient homemade ice cream is fun and easy to make. Grab your favorite toddler and make some summertime memories
1 c. whole milk
2 c. heavy cream
1 (8 oz) jar of your favorite Jam (I used a homemade Lavender jam)
Combine the milk and cream in a large bowl. Add the jam and using a whisk or immersion blender, mix until fully combined.
Pour into an ice cream maker and proceed according to manufacturer's directions. I have a Cuisinart ice cream maker, it took approx. 25 minutes for the mixture to get to the soft serve stage.
Transfer the ice cream to a freezer container and freeze for at least 4 hrs. removing from freezer about 5 minutes before serving.
Property of A Day in the Life on the Farm
Created using The Recipes Generator